LX885

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RAYZOR

Hey guys i purchased another skidsteer this week,Its an LX885.I dont know much about them.What engine does this machine run?Its a 99 model.That 2 speed is cool when youre needing to cover distance.It feels a lot heavier behind the truck than the 665 but its a beast.So far we graded 2 slabs with it and im happy with the purchase.Anybody else use this machine?does it use 10w30 throughout like the 665?Iwish it came with a manual.

Arbo

I have been running an 885 for about three years now for farm use. I forget the name, but I was told that mine is a Japanese engine. My service man advised me to use 10W30 for the engine and hydro oils. The gear box and chain cases use 80w90 if I remember correctly. Be sure to check the chain case oil levels. That is also what lubes the final drive gear box. It has a drip system to lube the gear box. You may want to pull the chain case covers, and check to be sure that the funnel is still there for the drip system. They are plastic, and can break off over time. If the funnel is not mounted, the final drive will again not get the required lube. Pulling the final drive, and rebuilding it is not a fun job.