lx885 steering issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mike2424

New to the forum. I have a lx885 and since I have owned it, it would creep on the left side. I adjusted the neutralizer and fixed the creeping issue. The left hand drive feels like it might be in the 2 speed while the right is in 1 speed. Left stick is very touchy at lower speeds and have to work it constantly to keep a straight line. Right stick is has a smooth transition into the speed. Just looking for pointers on what to really look for to resolve this issue.

Shanmar

I've not run into what you're describing, but maybe the left side is stuck in high speed. The two speed is done by shifting the displacement plate in the hydrostat motors. There is a cylinder and linkage that turns a shaft going into the side of each motor. If you go to messicks.com and look at the online parts catalog for the LX885, diagram 06C04 shows an exploded view of the cylinder and linkage. I see there is a square key on the shafts, maybe one is sheared. Not saying this is it, but it is a place to look.
Hydraulic oil level is good? And it is 10w30 or something close? Low oil or wrong oil can cause some jerkiness, but usually both sides.

Latest posts