New Holland Lx885 hydrolic reservoir

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Lost all my fluid while loading hay, took belly pan off and found 1-1.2" hose loose from both in and out! Has anyone else found out how to get these back on to the tank without removeing the motor? nowhere to loosen the plastic tank mounts are visible.

mrbb

when my hose came off mine, and was leaking, I ended up tilting the cab to get to it to install a new hose, and since the trouble to tilt cab sucked, while doing so I replaced every hose under things, while cab was tilted, hooping not to have to do again for a long time!

and if this makes you feel any better when it happened to me it was in late Dec and about 2 degree's out! , dragged it into a building with NO heat, to work on , so wasn't the most fun temps to be working on it
then again, so hot this summer, , maybe not that much better pending how you like hot weather or not
HAHA! \
best of luck to you!

OP
OP
A
Thanks for the info mrbb, rainning up here rite now, been hot past week. I had to lift the NH onto a trailer with loader to get it out of hayfield. gonna look at tilting cab today thx

OP
OP
A
Didn't have to tilt the cab as my reservoir tank hose is on the bottom. complete belly pan removal is the solution on my unit

mrbb

on my lx865, the belly pan only comes off in section, so even with all the sections off, it was not possible to get a new hose on, we tried that first, as didn;t want to tilt cab if not needed, I will admit that having machine cabs tilted, offered me a good chance to do a good inspection on many things you never get to see, and allowed me to also clean things way better, and as I stated, while it was tilted, I went ahead and replaced all the hoses under there as they were all 15+ yrs old as is, and had a very heavy wear groove in two hoses , from them rubbing each other, had I not lifted cab, I'd of never seen and I am pretty sure them two were really soon to leak, so dodged a bullet on them for sure, and they would have been NO fun to replace with cab up, HAHA!

so for me, lifting the cab to fix the tank hose, was a gift of sorts, saving me from a near failure on them two hoses
I also took apart parking brake set up cleaned and adjusted to like new
lifting cab wasn't a terrible job, as long as you have another machine to life boom and cab and IMO< worth doing every once in a while as they yrs add up,, be surprised what you can find when you lift them, and the older machines, already have age concerns that looking at things can find!, a good PM once every few yrs IMO!(much sooner if its easy to do)

and why I gather pretty much every newer model makes doing so easier, , you just find more problems before there problems and makes life easier to work on most things

OP
OP
A
If I had the time lifting the cab would sure be a smart thing to do, haying season and all machines just have to be on the job. Thx again mrbb I follow yer advive and enjoy reading your post:)