Case 1816B Repower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TG1994

Hello.

I have been working on repowering my 1816. It was repowered years ago with a Briggs Vanguard that broke a connecting rod. Now we are putting a Predator 670cc in and the install was very straightforward. The biggest thing that we have been battling is what I believe to be a belt issue. We figured that while the engine was out it'd be a good opportunity to put in new belts. Installed two new CNH 9636667 and when we put it all together the right hand belt/pulley squeals BUT only when the machine is "out of gear". Thinking it was too tight we decided to put in a 1/2" longer belt and that just reversed the situation, not it only squeals when "in gear". This is even more confusing because when we got the machine 20 years ago it had the Briggs already installed and would only squeal the belts when going in and out of gear, which is more understandable. I believe that the engine sits roughly 3/4" to the left (when looking at the rear of the machine). All of the pulleys are very closely lined up and straight. It really seems to be a belt because no metal is coming in contact with metal around ant of the moving parts, etc...

My main question is that when these machines are repowered with the Honda/Briggs/Predator/Kohler are there different belts to use? Photos are below for reference.

IMG_9934.JPG
ONOG1353.JPG
LOXJ9278.JPG