Dead LX885 loading

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dan33klein

New member here.

I have the opportunity to get an lx885 but it is currently not running and I need to get it home.

It's a drive away from my house so I really don't want to make multiple trips. I was told it "may" fire but won't stay running. I plan on bringing some tools and fresh fuel in can and maybe try to pickup a fuel filter. But if I can't easily get it running to load it in my trailer, is there an easy way to get it to free wheel to winch it on my trailer? Is it easy to remove the drive chains? I am pretty new to skis steers and definitely new to new Holland ones.

Thank you all

mrbb

on this model you should be able to get it to move by pushing the drive hand controls in the direction you want it to go, there will still be some resistance, but it will allow for it to roll and not skid on tires! this will require extra person for sure
if your trailer isn't a tilt bed, your also going to have issues with the bucket if still on the machine
and its NOT recommended to two this model loaded backwards on the machine, due to the turbo can spin when towed this way and without it running it can cause bearing failures(or so I am told) so best to load facing forward if you do so!

OP
OP
D

dan33klein

on this model you should be able to get it to move by pushing the drive hand controls in the direction you want it to go, there will still be some resistance, but it will allow for it to roll and not skid on tires! this will require extra person for sure
if your trailer isn't a tilt bed, your also going to have issues with the bucket if still on the machine
and its NOT recommended to two this model loaded backwards on the machine, due to the turbo can spin when towed this way and without it running it can cause bearing failures(or so I am told) so best to load facing forward if you do so!
Thank you for the reply!
Good to hear that I can at-least get it to roll.
Yes the bucket is still on it. So it will be tough. I'm considering just seeing if I can get a local to company to get it with a flat bed truck and haul it back. If we have to load it backwards I will plug the exhaust with a rag. Assuming that's the only way air Would be getting to the turbo to cause it to spin

mrbb

odds are if you hire a roll back they will try and load it backwards, as it will be the easiest way for them to do so, ,a s well as unloading it when it gets to you, IMO<
so, I'd suggest you ask them to also plug the exhaust too !,

getting the bucket off might be a little tricky but do able with a big pry bar I think, lifting tabs off one side at a time
but if they plan to winch it up on roll back, they can most likely leave it on, it will however making loading harder as well as unloading! but still can be done!

it should be about a 8,000+ lb machine, so, make sure they have a roll back large enough to haul and a winch big enough to drag!

OP
OP
D

dan33klein

odds are if you hire a roll back they will try and load it backwards, as it will be the easiest way for them to do so, ,a s well as unloading it when it gets to you, IMO<
so, I'd suggest you ask them to also plug the exhaust too !,

getting the bucket off might be a little tricky but do able with a big pry bar I think, lifting tabs off one side at a time
but if they plan to winch it up on roll back, they can most likely leave it on, it will however making loading harder as well as unloading! but still can be done!

it should be about a 8,000+ lb machine, so, make sure they have a roll back large enough to haul and a winch big enough to drag!

I'm sure they will load it backwards. I would go there with them. Maybe bring my little tractor with forks to help get the bucket off and haul that back myself. Will be sure to plug the exhaust. I think it may be worth 1 trip there myself first to see if I can just get it running. Bring fresh fuel and a filter give it a try. As long as it runs long enough to get it in trailer that would be good

foton

if you have a portable fuel tank like from a boat bypass the on board fuel tank just pump the ball and keep higher than the injection pump. That should eliminate several potential problem areas.

OP
OP
D

dan33klein

if you have a portable fuel tank like from a boat bypass the on board fuel tank just pump the ball and keep higher than the injection pump. That should eliminate several potential problem areas.
Thank you, I might have to look into that.
I think issue with it will probably be a fuel pump or filter.
Thank you

You can also insert a small 12v electric pump in line placing the external tank (2ga or 3ga) on the engine cowling, I've used regular rubber gasoline hose with clamps. $20 electric pump can push 6psi into injector pump