Bobcat 853 bearings and seals

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tomstu

I am looking for axle bearing and seal numbers for a 853h bobcat. A crossover to a timken, skf or any other manufacturer number would be a HUGE bonus. Thanks.

Gearclash

Typically there is a number stamped or etched on both the cone and cup of the bearings. I go off that unless the number has been obliterated for some reason. Seals usually have a number on them also but not always. Seals can be identified by dimension and construction design.

OP
OP
T

tomstu

Typically there is a number stamped or etched on both the cone and cup of the bearings. I go off that unless the number has been obliterated for some reason. Seals usually have a number on them also but not always. Seals can be identified by dimension and construction design.
Yes I know the bearings have numbers on them but looking to get bearings and seals before I disassemble and hoping to buy from a bearing supplier. Thanks for your response.

Gearclash

I see.

Too many times I have tried that and then had some kind of unhappy surprise after disassembly that required more or different parts to be ordered. I gave up on ordering parts before disassembly. I would also check and see what the OEM cost is for bearings and seals. I just ordered bearings for a JD tractor. $1500 through Deere, $2100 through a bearing supplier.

Old_853

That is the Timken I just pulled out of mine. 4.33" OD.
IMG_1949.jpeg