hydraulics problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

The dash switch doesn't click. Press it to get the lights to come on then the module under the seat does the rest.
The lights on the dash are just that, lights (LEDs) and a push button, no relays, that is under the seat too.
After double checking everything I went ahead and ordered a new module. Hope I'm right. This thing is expensive. Won't get it for a couple of weeks. The dealer didn't have it in stock. If anyone has a better idea, let me know. I might still be able to cancel it.

Tazza

Staff member
After double checking everything I went ahead and ordered a new module. Hope I'm right. This thing is expensive. Won't get it for a couple of weeks. The dealer didn't have it in stock. If anyone has a better idea, let me know. I might still be able to cancel it.
I hope it's the issue too.
Shame you couldn't find a used one....
Do let us know how you go.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

I hope it's the issue too.
Shame you couldn't find a used one....
Do let us know how you go.
I thought of what you said "Tazza" in a earlier post about using a voltage regulator to bring the voltage down to compensate for the coils low voltage and a few relays in order to rig up a replacement for that $500.00 module. I'm still thinking about it. Do you really think it would work?

Tazza

Staff member
I thought of what you said "Tazza" in a earlier post about using a voltage regulator to bring the voltage down to compensate for the coils low voltage and a few relays in order to rig up a replacement for that $500.00 module. I'm still thinking about it. Do you really think it would work?
I can't see why it wouldn't work, it's essentially what the module does.
The newer machines are different as they use PWM to give you vairable flow aux hydraulics.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

The newer machines are different as they use PWM to give you vairable flow aux hydraulics.
Wonder what size voltage regulator I would need? I see there was a resistor soldered into the wiring to the coils. Wonder if that's all it needed? I'm willing to try make it happen. Any more info on this would be a bonus.

spitzair

Wonder what size voltage regulator I would need? I see there was a resistor soldered into the wiring to the coils. Wonder if that's all it needed? I'm willing to try make it happen. Any more info on this would be a bonus.
Are you absolutely sure it's not the wiring? Sometimes wires can corrode and/or break inside the insulation and you'll never find it just by looking at it, you have to pretty much ring out every wire to be sure but it could save you 500 big ones... I had major electrical problems on an EX200-2 Hitachi a few years ago and even though all the wiring looked good from the outside, it was all junk. Worked, then didn't work, then would sort of work, then quit for good... I ended up rewiring the entire machine and it works like new now. The fact that your aux. stopped working, then worked again, then stopped, especially after you were in there wiggling wires and stuff leads me to believe wiring is the culprit. I would ring out all the wires between the module and switches, module and coils and wherever else the wires for the aux circuit run just to eliminate that possibility.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

Are you absolutely sure it's not the wiring? Sometimes wires can corrode and/or break inside the insulation and you'll never find it just by looking at it, you have to pretty much ring out every wire to be sure but it could save you 500 big ones... I had major electrical problems on an EX200-2 Hitachi a few years ago and even though all the wiring looked good from the outside, it was all junk. Worked, then didn't work, then would sort of work, then quit for good... I ended up rewiring the entire machine and it works like new now. The fact that your aux. stopped working, then worked again, then stopped, especially after you were in there wiggling wires and stuff leads me to believe wiring is the culprit. I would ring out all the wires between the module and switches, module and coils and wherever else the wires for the aux circuit run just to eliminate that possibility.
Good advise. I guess if I apply an independent source of power on one end of each wire and check to see the power coming at the other end, that would tell me if the wiring is junk or not. Thanks. I'll check that.

spitzair

Good advise. I guess if I apply an independent source of power on one end of each wire and check to see the power coming at the other end, that would tell me if the wiring is junk or not. Thanks. I'll check that.
I would just use the OHM function on your meter and put the leads at either end of the wire you're testing, any bad wire will have high resistance, but your method would work too.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

I would just use the OHM function on your meter and put the leads at either end of the wire you're testing, any bad wire will have high resistance, but your method would work too.
Ok. Good. The ohm meter sounds simpler. Thanks.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

Well the wiring checks out as good so I took the module off of the machine and now hope to find someone with a 773 who would be willing to let me try my module on their machine. It would be a simple test consisting of unplugging the harness from their module and plugging it into mine. Is anyone from northeastern Ontario reading this post willing to let me do the test on their machine. Also, I will be travelling south during the Christmas Holidays and I wonder if anyone from the Saint Catherine Ontario area would let me do the test. It's a 1998 Bobcat 773-C . Let me know.

Tazza

Staff member
Well the wiring checks out as good so I took the module off of the machine and now hope to find someone with a 773 who would be willing to let me try my module on their machine. It would be a simple test consisting of unplugging the harness from their module and plugging it into mine. Is anyone from northeastern Ontario reading this post willing to let me do the test on their machine. Also, I will be travelling south during the Christmas Holidays and I wonder if anyone from the Saint Catherine Ontario area would let me do the test. It's a 1998 Bobcat 773-C . Let me know.
Hopefully BobcatDan can confirm this, but i don't think the control module isn't limited to a 773, different models can use the same controller if the plug is the same size.

walio123

Hopefully BobcatDan can confirm this, but i don't think the control module isn't limited to a 773, different models can use the same controller if the plug is the same size.
I had a similar problem with 873 C some time ago.As I worked the 2 lights for auxiliary hydraulic started blinking .I stopped and wondered what was happening.I leaned on seat bar and lights stoped blinkiing. So it was little loose seat bar Hall sensor . If yours is little out of position is possible to do this.

Dee Dee

I had a similar problem with 873 C some time ago.As I worked the 2 lights for auxiliary hydraulic started blinking .I stopped and wondered what was happening.I leaned on seat bar and lights stoped blinkiing. So it was little loose seat bar Hall sensor . If yours is little out of position is possible to do this.
I also have a 753-C. My problem is that the constant flow will not keep running without I hold the thumb switch. The trigger switch does not seem to work at all. This was never noticed until we were tryin on bush hogs yesterday... I wish we were closer. I would swap out components until we figgered out both of em. Does your dealer have a "test part" that you could try out?

walio123

I also have a 753-C. My problem is that the constant flow will not keep running without I hold the thumb switch. The trigger switch does not seem to work at all. This was never noticed until we were tryin on bush hogs yesterday... I wish we were closer. I would swap out components until we figgered out both of em. Does your dealer have a "test part" that you could try out?
Are you sure that you press aux flow buton 2 times- until the padlock light turns on? If not- trigger swich wil be not operatable. Thumb swich will work.

Dee Dee

Are you sure that you press aux flow buton 2 times- until the padlock light turns on? If not- trigger swich wil be not operatable. Thumb swich will work.
Yes. Both lights on after the second button press. Only way to get flow is to hold the momentary thumb switch. The trigger switch tested good. My book does not go back far enough to tell me what to check next :( Any sugestions?

walio123

Yes. Both lights on after the second button press. Only way to get flow is to hold the momentary thumb switch. The trigger switch tested good. My book does not go back far enough to tell me what to check next :( Any sugestions?
Write email to [email protected], write the serial number of the machine will try to help you.Also you have to make a separate topic for discussion to not interfere in this .

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

I finally got the problem resolved. After double and triple checking everything and I even tried to replace the relay on the module. Still no luck so I went ahead and bought a new auxiliary control module. Bingo. Problem solved.

Latest posts