attachment hydraulics not releasing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

My S650 will not release one of my attachment hydraulic lines. It is the male end that will not release. There is no pressure on the line as it is limp, so it does not seem under pressure. Have tried the attachment grapple part way open, closed and open and still no luck. I can push in on the coupler but the end will not release. Is there any tricks I can try to get this detached from my skid steer?

Thanks for your help

Phil314

My grapple on my S650 was a bit picky. If it won't release, there is still pressure.
Grapple needs to be just barely closed, but not tight.
Then push in on the hose at the coupler and hold for several seconds, that should then release any remaining pressure.
Then pull outer ring and the coupler should release.

reaperman

If nothing else works, simply loosen one of the hoses from the coupling or the attachment.

ggeh19

I had a simular problem with some flatface couplers on an attachment. Mine wasnt pressure related. The male coupler on the attachment was made of a softer metal and the radius where the female coupler holds on to it was getting peened over from vibration making it slightly larger than the end of the coupler. Had to use a hammer to decouple it and then cleaned it up with a file.

OP
OP
S
It would go like it was going to release but not come off so I took a small screwdriver handled pry bar and gently worked it free in about 5 seconds. No problem putting it back on and taking it back off. There was a little rust on the coupler from being out side over summer so I cleaned that up with emery cloth.

Thank you all for the help

Latest posts