Stuck hydraulics.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Whatthef

Hi,newguy here,have 1996 mustang 2040.stupid me tried to move unit 1 week ago I think I had condensation in my hydraulics that was frozen solid,kept trying to move control levers,stop to assess and most of my H oil was on the ground,one of the gaskets on one of the filters let go.managed to get unit in my heated garage.Reinstalled filter gasket,put fresh H oil in fired her up now no movement only a little when I gently try to reverse,can't here my brakes release when I push the switch,always could before.no other H functions work,pedals work but no arm or bucket movement. All fuses ok elec connections seem good,module led lites some are on when I start engine,here I sit.Any thoughts,thanks

OP
OP
W

Whatthef

Hi,newguy here,have 1996 mustang 2040.stupid me tried to move unit 1 week ago I think I had condensation in my hydraulics that was frozen solid,kept trying to move control levers,stop to assess and most of my H oil was on the ground,one of the gaskets on one of the filters let go.managed to get unit in my heated garage.Reinstalled filter gasket,put fresh H oil in fired her up now no movement only a little when I gently try to reverse,can't here my brakes release when I push the switch,always could before.no other H functions work,pedals work but no arm or bucket movement. All fuses ok elec connections seem good,module led lites some are on when I start engine,here I sit.Any thoughts,thanks
H oil topped up and new

If the unit was out in the cold for a good time. The oil or water in the oil froze. Remember that you also have frozen Cylinders and hoses, that need to warm up that may take some time to thaw.
How long did you warm up the machine? You mentioned a switch that switch acuates some valve and that may also be frozen and possibly stuck. This freeze up. That does more harm than good. You can't see all the internal components. Once the unit begins to move you may want to consider a flush of the oils in the system so it has no or less water in the system Or get an anti water additive. Put that in the tank. Pumps will freeze also. Did you shear a pump shaft dragging it inside. All kinds of things may have taken place. First thing is give it time to warm totally then try it. You cannot even do a flush of the oil until it warms tottally. So give it time. Also remember if you blew a gasket it tells me the oil had no place to go. The pump was working or it just plain froze up. Good luck and post the results that you find. Helps all.

Latest posts