hydraulics problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

little_fellow

I was trying to hook up my new grapple bucket and when I activated the grapple, I sounded like the pump was staying in motion and now for some reason the boom will go up but wont go down and I can tilt the bucket in but not out and the grapple will open but will not close unless I switch the hoses around. What is odd about switching the hoses is that after doing so, as soon as I start the machine the grapple closes by it self with allot of pressure and does the same after switching again , it opens with allot of pressure. When I disconnect the quick couplers for the grapple, I still don't have down pressure or pressure to lift the bucket . Could something be stuck open somewhere in the hydraulic system?

Tazza

Staff member
Yes, I agree. It is a 773-c Bob Cat. Do you know of a way to unstuck them my friend?
The hydraulic stems in the control block can get stuck. You can try swapping them around and seeing if the problem moves.
The stems, if not bent, can be cleaned and generally work. It takes a little work to get them apart and give them a good clean. There are small parts, take note of where they go and don't loose any of them.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

The hydraulic stems in the control block can get stuck. You can try swapping them around and seeing if the problem moves.
The stems, if not bent, can be cleaned and generally work. It takes a little work to get them apart and give them a good clean. There are small parts, take note of where they go and don't loose any of them.
Hi there. I didn't have much time to work on this today. The screws holding the coils down are seized so I sprayed them with lubricant. Hope that helps. Will try again tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if they are screws or nuts? Hard to tell with all the rust. Hope they don't snap off. Thanks for everything so far. I don't know what I would do without you guys. Chow.

Tazza

Staff member
Hi there. I didn't have much time to work on this today. The screws holding the coils down are seized so I sprayed them with lubricant. Hope that helps. Will try again tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if they are screws or nuts? Hard to tell with all the rust. Hope they don't snap off. Thanks for everything so far. I don't know what I would do without you guys. Chow.
They will be nuts. If they are that frozen, it is possible that removing them will damage them as well. You really have no choice but to take the coils off to un-screw them from the block anyway.
They are available from the dealer, but do all you can to repair them before having to shell out for new ones, they aren't cheap.
When you get them out, and if you decide to clean them out, ensure everything moves freely when you put it back together.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

They will be nuts. If they are that frozen, it is possible that removing them will damage them as well. You really have no choice but to take the coils off to un-screw them from the block anyway.
They are available from the dealer, but do all you can to repair them before having to shell out for new ones, they aren't cheap.
When you get them out, and if you decide to clean them out, ensure everything moves freely when you put it back together.
I managed to split one of the nuts and removed one of the coils. Are the stems screwed in?

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

I managed to split one of the nuts and removed one of the coils. Are the stems screwed in?
The part that the coil slides on is bent. Is that the part I wasn`t suppose to bend or is it still salvageable? The coil still slides on it. I unscrewed the valve but I can't see which part should move freely.

Tazza

Staff member
The part that the coil slides on is bent. Is that the part I wasn`t suppose to bend or is it still salvageable? The coil still slides on it. I unscrewed the valve but I can't see which part should move freely.
Yeah, that's the part you don't want to bend.
You may now be looking for new ones from the dealer.
If they aren't straight, the plunger inside will bind up and not work properly. Sorry, not the answer you were after.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

Yeah, that's the part you don't want to bend.
You may now be looking for new ones from the dealer.
If they aren't straight, the plunger inside will bind up and not work properly. Sorry, not the answer you were after.
I ordered the new parts from the dealer but he didn't have them in stock and it will be a week before I can pick them up. Can I just plug the holes and use the machine or do I have to rent a machine for the time being?

Tazza

Staff member
I ordered the new parts from the dealer but he didn't have them in stock and it will be a week before I can pick them up. Can I just plug the holes and use the machine or do I have to rent a machine for the time being?
I don't believe simply plugging it will work. You can try screwing the stems back in, you may be lucky enough for it to not have moved the small spool inside to partially activate the aux hydraulics. You will only know when you put them in and start it up.

skidsteer.ca

I don't believe simply plugging it will work. You can try screwing the stems back in, you may be lucky enough for it to not have moved the small spool inside to partially activate the aux hydraulics. You will only know when you put them in and start it up.
If they are still activated just put a loop hose from one quick coupler to the other for now and the machine will operate.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
I finally got the new stems today. I installed them and my hydraulics are working the way they should. Thanks guys. Chow
Good to hear it's working again. These stems are really delicate and not really cheap as i'm sure you are now aware of. The proportional ones are even more expensive.

OP
OP
little_fellow

little_fellow

Good to hear it's working again. These stems are really delicate and not really cheap as i'm sure you are now aware of. The proportional ones are even more expensive.
Here I am again. My regular hydraulics are working fine but my auxiliary hydraulics are not. They don't even try to come on. I'm hoping it's only a fuse .

Tazza

Staff member
Here I am again. My regular hydraulics are working fine but my auxiliary hydraulics are not. They don't even try to come on. I'm hoping it's only a fuse .
The button on the dash, does it make lights go on at all?
If not, it does sound like a fuse.