743 new to me - questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alfio

hello all, new Bobcat owner with questions. i recently purchased a well used but seemingly well cared for Bobcat 743. Bobcat tells me it was made in 1984. the machine seems to operate just fine with some quirks: it creeps, gas gauge is disconnected, not sure the parking brake does much of anything, etc. i'm going to work my way through these issues until i get them resolved. first things first, i'm hoping to get some help with a couple of questions. 1) any good sources for manuals on these? looked on ebay and there are many listed but i'm looking for a factory shop manual with wiring and engine details. 2) the skid has auxiliary flow connections on the left of the cab (left when sitting inside) but no obvious way to control them (i saw some models have a twist to the right hand drive lever but mine doesn't have that feature). Bobcat lists flow at 11gpm. is that anywhere near enough to run any implements? i'm most interested in a trencher attachment. would be great to be able to run one but not a prob if that's not going to be possible with this machine. any help is appreciated. thanks! a.

flyerdan

There are at least two manuals for the 743 series in the manual thread.
The creep is just a neutral steering adjustment, fuel gauge could be a wire or sender, rudimentary troubleshooting should determine which.
The Bobcat website should have a page for all of the attachments with specs that tell what hydraulic flow is required.
743 is a very prolific machine, so a trencher should be within its range.