743 new owner with questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brdgbldr

I hope this goes through, it kept messing up. I used the open end to break it loose and tighten. Then cut the 12 point box end into a flare style wrench to take it off since there's not much room for turning a wrench
TEKTON makes a wrench with 30/60 angle for those that don't have the equipment to make your own wrenches. These angles allows you to make shorter turns of the wrench in tight spaces then flip the wrench and get on the nut again and make another turn.

I was having to use basin wrenches until I found these.

Chris 8603

I've used a Nichol rod and a arch welder when making up wrenches. Made a much nicer weld.
Sorry
TEKTON makes a wrench with 30/60 angle for those that don't have the equipment to make your own wrenches. These angles allows you to make shorter turns of the wrench in tight spaces then flip the wrench and get on the nut again and make another turn.

I didn't realize those welds looked that bad. Those were 7018's. Made to use 1 time, I wasn't going for sale quality, and didn't want to use a expensive nickel rod to make it.

Chris 8603

Yeah I had a set of snap on offsets but they weren't to long to fit in that tight of a spot. And the 12 point made it to where I could turn it the rest of the way. I had to wrench it all the way until the last 2ish threads. That's a heck of a tight place to do anything in.

57bobhoe

Chris, no your welds don't look bad. No offense intended. Just commenting on a technic I lucked onto because I had run out of 7018's.:)

Chris 8603

Chris, no your welds don't look bad. No offense intended. Just commenting on a technic I lucked onto because I had run out of 7018's.:)
No worries bud, I don't get mad that easy!! Lol!! I was being sarcastic. No nickel would be good, just like stainless would have worked. Just to expensive and not worth it. When I made them I never planned to ever use them again, but definitely not toss them. You never know???

Dave1234

Very cool wrenches. I can see that I am going to have to hit the flea markets and build up a stock of junk wrenches.

GeorgeG

My ba
That's why is was asking GeorgeG which machine he was referring to. I've done 4 of those since I first did mine is was just curious what he was talking about. Because like you said there is no door though the chain case on a 743 and the valve sits between the tires not in the behind the rear. I think he meant some other brand. I've not seen a access door though the chain case on any bobcat. May be wrong ????

My bad. The 751, 753, 763, 773 all have this access cover on the right side of the machine. I assumed the 743 was similar. I have a full set of BIG crowfoot wrenches for these tight spots.

Latest posts