New Member, with a New-to-me 963C

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rock_rat

I picked up a non-op 1999 963C (562211711) from auction this last week. Frame and body are in great shape: no cracks, dings or weld-on patches. BUT, its got some issues that I am trying to suss out and hoping for some help.
  1. When I turn the key I get no response from the gauges or the BICS control - one time the BICS lit up briefly, but never since
  2. When no BICS lights, the starter doesn't engage with the key at all. Not sure if those are cause/effect or just related
  3. When I jump the starter it spins inconsistently and slowly when it does - Ive pulled it to get it tested.
    1. Ive got 12v+ at the starter, and the engine spins freely when I bar it over
  4. I tried to drain some oil through the drain hose, but got no more than a few drops. When I checked the dipstick the crankcase appears to be full of oil - is there a release somewhere?
While I wait for the starter to get tested Id like to work out some of these electric issues. Is there a fuse panel somewhere I am missing? I looked in the footwell and didnt see anything.

brdgbldr

I picked up a non-op 1999 963C (562211711) from auction this last week. Frame and body are in great shape: no cracks, dings or weld-on patches. BUT, its got some issues that I am trying to suss out and hoping for some help.
  1. When I turn the key I get no response from the gauges or the BICS control - one time the BICS lit up briefly, but never since
  2. When no BICS lights, the starter doesn't engage with the key at all. Not sure if those are cause/effect or just related
  3. When I jump the starter it spins inconsistently and slowly when it does - Ive pulled it to get it tested.
    1. Ive got 12v+ at the starter, and the engine spins freely when I bar it over
  4. I tried to drain some oil through the drain hose, but got no more than a few drops. When I checked the dipstick the crankcase appears to be full of oil - is there a release somewhere?
While I wait for the starter to get tested Id like to work out some of these electric issues. Is there a fuse panel somewhere I am missing? I looked in the footwell and didnt see anything.
Check the parts catalog. It always seems to help me find things:

The catalog is a little harder to use then the old one, but it's all we have now.

Tlawdogg

I have an 863 not sure on 963. Do you have any of these? Small fuse box covers?
Second picture is the "Relays"
Looking towards the front with back door open: Fuse blocks Bottom Right area
Main Relays bottom Left just above my battery.
Todd

Attachments

• 20230821_121508.jpg
    20230821_121508.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230821_121453.jpg
    20230821_121453.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230821_121542.jpg
    20230821_121542.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
R

rock_rat

I have an 863 not sure on 963. Do you have any of these? Small fuse box covers?
Second picture is the "Relays"
Looking towards the front with back door open: Fuse blocks Bottom Right area
Main Relays bottom Left just above my battery.
Todd
I *think* i have a version of pics 1 & 3. Two squares just inside the rear door, on the right of the machine, which each hold 3-4 microfuses. I dont have that bank of relays above the battery. I also dont have the box of fuses and relays that other models seem to have in the footwell.

It seems like there must be another set of fuses somewhere, there is no way those microfuses are protecting the starter, for example.

Latest posts