Bobcat 600 new to me

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jess B

Ok. I just picked up a 600. It has a couple hose leaks no big deal to address. My main issue is it does not want to turn. It bogs the motor down to a stall if I don't let up. I was told the clutches will dry up and stick if it sits for a while. Which it did sit for almost a year. It moves back and forth with no issue. Does this make sense? If so can I lube these?

foton

i believe that the clutches run in a oil bath, check your oil for water , they might have rusted together if there is water in the chaincases.

gearbox

is your variable speed in low ? Also Check your engine timing . If you don't have a timing light get one . I can't stress enough how important the proper timing is on these engines . I rebuild them and see broken top ring lands from to far advanced timing .

OP
OP
J

Jess B

I have not timed the motor. Runs really well. Moves forward and backwards. But when try to turn it loads motor right down to nothing. I assume the variable speed is the clutch on the motor itself?

OP
OP
J

Jess B

i believe that the clutches run in a oil bath, check your oil for water , they might have rusted together if there is water in the chaincases.
If I pull the large side cover will I loose fluid? Or does oil just sling around?

foton

the chains move the oil over internals in chain case , the oil level is below side cover opening.

Latest posts