Bobcat 873... New to me

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jorswift

So just picked up a Bobcat 873 G-series. First SS and first Bobcat. I have noticed some oil leaking and fuel leaking.

Fuel -
The return lines are leaking. Also, the fuel gauge shows empty and the fuel light is on, so I went to fill it up and fuel spilled out all over from the overflow as I guess it was full already. Any other ways to check the fuel level? I plan on changing out the return lines with new braided line.

Oil-
I can see oil leaking from behind the fuel lift pump, so I will probably go ahead and change out the lift pump and new o-ring. The machine is very dirty behind the door, so I am guessing there may be more leaks, but hard to tell at this time.

I plan on changing the fuel lift pump-o-ring, alternator belt, soft fuel lines, and fuel shut off solenoid. I know I probably need to change the timing belt as well (wish I could "rent") the kit. Any other words of wisdom/advise before digging into this beast? I am hoping I do not need to remove the motor (fingers crossed)!

brdgbldr

So just picked up a Bobcat 873 G-series. First SS and first Bobcat. I have noticed some oil leaking and fuel leaking.

Fuel -
The return lines are leaking. Also, the fuel gauge shows empty and the fuel light is on, so I went to fill it up and fuel spilled out all over from the overflow as I guess it was full already. Any other ways to check the fuel level? I plan on changing out the return lines with new braided line.

Oil-
I can see oil leaking from behind the fuel lift pump, so I will probably go ahead and change out the lift pump and new o-ring. The machine is very dirty behind the door, so I am guessing there may be more leaks, but hard to tell at this time.

I plan on changing the fuel lift pump-o-ring, alternator belt, soft fuel lines, and fuel shut off solenoid. I know I probably need to change the timing belt as well (wish I could "rent") the kit. Any other words of wisdom/advise before digging into this beast? I am hoping I do not need to remove the motor (fingers crossed)!
Before digging into any repairs give it a thorough cleaning. Degreaser is your best friend and try not to use too much pressure when cleaning since water can make its way into the wiring. Make sure to clean between the oil pan and the fuel tank.

The fuel sending units are notorious for going out on these machines. Not sure how hard it is to replace it on an 873.

Here is a link to the parts catalog: