What do you own

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatdan

So what does everybody have for equipment? I know a lot of the regulars have their machines list in their tag line, but I figured this was a good one some of the lesser posters to get their post count up a click. Myself, I don't have a skidsteer, never needed to own one. Plenty of loyal customers to borrow one from. For all you 40 series( or older) owners, you can rub this in my face when I call your machine an old outdated piece of junk, my lloader tractor is a '39 Farmall H with a Super Six loader. For grassing and snow I rock a 4x4 Simplicity Legacy. So what do you have?.

6brnorma

1-M600 and 4-M610 all running in forklift configurations. 1-M600 with a recently blown engine that I think will become a "parts" machine. 1-M610 that is ready to be built into a forklift and 6-M600/M610 in various stages of cannibalisation. 1 John Deere 3203 tractor. Looking at a 1981 M-610 that is the nicest one I've ever seen……man also wants the "nicest" price for it I've ever seen. :)

6brnorma

1-M600 and 4-M610 all running in forklift configurations. 1-M600 with a recently blown engine that I think will become a "parts" machine. 1-M610 that is ready to be built into a forklift and 6-M600/M610 in various stages of cannibalisation. 1 John Deere 3203 tractor. Looking at a 1981 M-610 that is the nicest one I've ever seen……man also wants the "nicest" price for it I've ever seen. :)
Come on Dan…….I thought you'd have given me a 'rash' by now. ;-)

OP
OP
B

Bobcatdan

Come on Dan…….I thought you'd have given me a 'rash' by now. ;-)
No, your cool, I'd kinda like to see a 610 with the forklift set up. Where I get my big chuckle is the guys who pay three times real worth on a worn out scrap iron pile from the 80's and then have a laundry list of crap to do to get the thing to do anything. By the time they are done, if they did a little research, they could have found a newer machine for what they will probably have in a 722 by the time it moves under its own power.

Madbobcater743

No, your cool, I'd kinda like to see a 610 with the forklift set up. Where I get my big chuckle is the guys who pay three times real worth on a worn out scrap iron pile from the 80's and then have a laundry list of crap to do to get the thing to do anything. By the time they are done, if they did a little research, they could have found a newer machine for what they will probably have in a 722 by the time it moves under its own power.
743 with the dubota 4 cyl 1702. Its still @ the dealer. Hey Dan, I dropped off the machine a week ago. They told me 10 days. Should I call 1 week later or wait for the 10 days?

OP
OP
B

Bobcatdan

743 with the dubota 4 cyl 1702. Its still @ the dealer. Hey Dan, I dropped off the machine a week ago. They told me 10 days. Should I call 1 week later or wait for the 10 days?
Nothing wrong with calling and asking how its going. Big thing is the holidays will screw everything up. Shorten work hours and limited parts shipments are always hard to plan around. Also depending on where you live, if it snows that can slow shop work. Especially the first one, guys are never prepared and its a madhouse. When I was at the dealer, if it snowed, I could gurranty an 18 hour day.

walio123

Nothing wrong with calling and asking how its going. Big thing is the holidays will screw everything up. Shorten work hours and limited parts shipments are always hard to plan around. Also depending on where you live, if it snows that can slow shop work. Especially the first one, guys are never prepared and its a madhouse. When I was at the dealer, if it snowed, I could gurranty an 18 hour day.
873 C 1996 yerar 27k hours :) ,843 isuzu engnie 12k hours, 751 with peugeot engine 87** hous , mini excavator Yanmar TB 15 maybe around 5k hours, Bobcat E85 12**h , mini tractor Yanmar 22 hp 4x4, backhoe Case 590 M , and tree Magirus-Deutz dump trucks. Lots of home made attachemts.

reaperman

873 C 1996 yerar 27k hours :) ,843 isuzu engnie 12k hours, 751 with peugeot engine 87** hous , mini excavator Yanmar TB 15 maybe around 5k hours, Bobcat E85 12**h , mini tractor Yanmar 22 hp 4x4, backhoe Case 590 M , and tree Magirus-Deutz dump trucks. Lots of home made attachemts.
Holy Smokes, Walio! Do you ever sleep, racking up that many hours on your machines? Myself, 753G just turned 850 hrs old, bought her almost three yrs ago with 615 hrs. Still running like a champ compared to and quite a upgrade to my previous 642. Being a heavy equipment operator for a quarter century and running practically every piece of equipment made to date. I still find bobcats to be handiest machine invented with unlimited uses.

melli

Holy Smokes, Walio! Do you ever sleep, racking up that many hours on your machines? Myself, 753G just turned 850 hrs old, bought her almost three yrs ago with 615 hrs. Still running like a champ compared to and quite a upgrade to my previous 642. Being a heavy equipment operator for a quarter century and running practically every piece of equipment made to date. I still find bobcats to be handiest machine invented with unlimited uses.
I agree...Walio is set for life. That E85 makes me drool. Had a 463, but traded that mini mouse for a mighty mouse 331 ex (aka Bobby). Between that and my Husqvarna lawn tractor with Kawasaki V twin, I am good. Well, would like to get Kubota 4x4 garden tractor with all the attachments one day...

walio123

I agree...Walio is set for life. That E85 makes me drool. Had a 463, but traded that mini mouse for a mighty mouse 331 ex (aka Bobby). Between that and my Husqvarna lawn tractor with Kawasaki V twin, I am good. Well, would like to get Kubota 4x4 garden tractor with all the attachments one day...
I have a small business.I do not use these machines only for my needs. In the summer working with several landscaping companies have a contract for snow removal with Sofia Municipality / large city with over 2,000,000 people /.In the old part of town has pretty narrow streets, there is impossible to work with larger machines. When more snow falls even having to earn it by truck / pretty ride with bobkats /. In the old part of town has pretty narrow streets, there is impossible to work with larger machines. When more snow falls even having to earn it by truck / pretty ride bobkatite. A frequently work 24 hours a day.The two larger Bobcat 873 and 843 two years ago were in a gold mining 24 hour operation. So the hours pile up quickly.

HanSolo

Still sitting on the 843, backhoe and fork attachments. It's a good machine with tires that don't leak. I just have to stay on that u-joint and keep it greased and tight. I'd use it more often but there's only 5 acres and driveway gravel ain't cheap (last 25 tons was $270, getting better). I've found Bobcats incredibly useful for other duties besides dirt work. I'll use the forks for moving old rusty cars around and pulling engines. I've finally got that machine under a cover for this winter and I'm thinking about painting it soon.

OP
OP
B

Bobcatdan

Still sitting on the 843, backhoe and fork attachments. It's a good machine with tires that don't leak. I just have to stay on that u-joint and keep it greased and tight. I'd use it more often but there's only 5 acres and driveway gravel ain't cheap (last 25 tons was $270, getting better). I've found Bobcats incredibly useful for other duties besides dirt work. I'll use the forks for moving old rusty cars around and pulling engines. I've finally got that machine under a cover for this winter and I'm thinking about painting it soon.
27k hours is very impressive. I've seen a few bobcats go over 30k. At work we have a S220 that should hit 20K any time now. Only thing major on that was drive motors at 14k. Went all out doing chains and bearings on it. Speaking of hours, I can only imagine how many could be on my H. My Great Grandfather bought it new. It was his main tractor and beside his farm, he did a lot of custom work for many other farms. My Grandfather tells me at any time there was at least 10 farms the H loaded manure for. It was overhauled in the 60's shortly before my Great Grandfather retired then my Grandfather got it. He didn't put the hour on it like before, basically used it as an off road forklift. Pretty much what I use it for. I'm slowly going threw it and in a few years will restore it.

Heetseeker

843 with isuzu motor. Came with a smooth bucket and 911 backhoe. Repaired the seat bar, replaced the seat and alternator. So far, a powerful and handy machine. Looking to make a heavy duty attachment plate for my auger, then a fork attachment. If I can get a plane done for the driveway, i'll sell my skip loader!

Tazza

Staff member
843 with isuzu motor. Came with a smooth bucket and 911 backhoe. Repaired the seat bar, replaced the seat and alternator. So far, a powerful and handy machine. Looking to make a heavy duty attachment plate for my auger, then a fork attachment. If I can get a plane done for the driveway, i'll sell my skip loader!
My main used machine is an S150 that has mainly been used to load and unload my dads truck with forks, around 4k hours I think it has.
I have a burnt 763 that I think has 1 or 2k hours, it's been sitting for years, haven't had time to work on it yet
Also, 743 with a backhoe and an S250.
The eventual goal is to keep the S150 and move the others on. It's rare that I need the lifting abilities of the S250, but I recently used it to lift a 1.3t engine off my dads truck, was effortless, the S150 would have just laughed as it tipped forward while trying to lift it.

1ofU

My main used machine is an S150 that has mainly been used to load and unload my dads truck with forks, around 4k hours I think it has.
I have a burnt 763 that I think has 1 or 2k hours, it's been sitting for years, haven't had time to work on it yet
Also, 743 with a backhoe and an S250.
The eventual goal is to keep the S150 and move the others on. It's rare that I need the lifting abilities of the S250, but I recently used it to lift a 1.3t engine off my dads truck, was effortless, the S150 would have just laughed as it tipped forward while trying to lift it.
i have a 873 with 4005 hrs and a john deere backhoe , had a 825 but traded it off at work i run a 2015 S570 it has 9 hrs on it now . 1 of U

Hotrod1830

i have a 873 with 4005 hrs and a john deere backhoe , had a 825 but traded it off at work i run a 2015 S570 it has 9 hrs on it now . 1 of U
27k hours is VERY impressive. I guess it goes to show that if you take care of these things they will last. Myself, a Bobcat 553C, Bobcat 310 and a John deere X575. Happy new year everybody, and may you never have too many toys.

Mikefromcny

27k hours is VERY impressive. I guess it goes to show that if you take care of these things they will last. Myself, a Bobcat 553C, Bobcat 310 and a John deere X575. Happy new year everybody, and may you never have too many toys.
Currently I have a S250 as my main around-the-house-machine. I like to buy and sell and upgrade but can't really justify anything more than a cheap s250 for a hobby machine. I have a 753g that just got painted and will be for sale in the spring. Theres a Ford 555 backhoe, doesn't get used much but still handy. Tractors - a White field boss 2-65 4x4 loader tractor, gets used for dragging dead stuff around - Tazza might know it as a Iseki T7000 in his country. Kubota B7100 HST with loader, used to mow the lawn with it until I got my zero turn. Massey Ferguson 2200 industrial loader tractor. I'm also care taking for 64'? Fordson Super Dexta, kinda like a 8N on steroids.

GTA

I've got a 1993 853 with 1785 hours. It's an awsome machine that was a real game changer for me. I rent a property for my business that is shared with several other businesses. Because of the nature of mine, I have to remain open when it snows while the others can remain closed. As a result, I've become the one responsible for the cleanup of the property. For years I struggled with a small SUV / plow set up but was easily overwhelmed by larger storms. Winter soon grew into a very stressful season for me. Then came the Bobcat. Problems solved! I've got an 80 inch snow bucket and all the power I need. We got 100 inches of snow here in one month last year and I was able to keep operations open. Listening to music in a heated cab while clearing a three foot storm has never been so nice. These machines bring top dollar in this area but are worth every penny. My only regret was waiting so long to buy one.

TimberBen

I own a tree biz. Timber faller most of the summer and do tree work and land clearing in the winter. T200, 3300 hrs, for the clearing and loading/handling of brush and logs. Im happy with the stability of my 200 on slopes. I've had it on some steep hills clearing brush. I have the wide tracks on it. I'm also happy with the lifting ability. Gp toothed bucket, 4n1 bucket, grapple root bucket, pallet forks , and an auger with nine and thirty six inch bits. Bil-jax 4527a towable articulating man lift. Sure beats climbing. Not the fastest lift but works great. Dosko 510sd brush chipper. Nine inch capacity with kubota engine. Pj dump trailer. In my opinion pj stands for piece of junk. I run only Stihl saws. They are the best. To many to list. Case 530ck backhoe that I traded two jetskis for. It's an old 1966 who knows how many hrs. Mostly use it as a hoist to lift buckets onto the back of my flatbed. I'm very thankful for all the input on this site. Two thumbs up. Thanks.