prime mover

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

obxer

hello, new to this, have chance to get p. m. 1200d . cheap, could use lots of help! don't konw if worth getting, ran last time about 10 or more years ago. does anyone know where to get manuals on engine ( diesel ) and hydraulics or total machine. any help would be appreciated! thanks OBXER

bobbie-g

obxer, I don' t know what a p.m. 1200d is, so I can't comment directly. Let me talk about a backhoe I got for my Bobcat. It was for an old skid steer, so we had to adapt it to a Bobcat, which was very easy. The hard part was getting it refurbished. It had been laying on the ground for 10-15 yrs. Every cylinder had to be torn down and rebuilt or replaced. Every hose had to be replaced. The valve assembly had to be rebuilt, and it still seeps, and the main boom drifts down because there was too much rust to get everything to seal properly. The total bill to me was $4500. For that money, I could have purchased a good used backhoe. I'm very satisfied with the backhoe at this point, but I wanted to illustrate that stuff that hasn't been used for a long time can really eat up the money. :) ---RC

OP
OP
O

obxer

p.m. (prime mover) at least that is what the tag on it says. the model is a 1200d, it has a serial # ,but i cant remember it. i haven't looked at it real good but it was given to meby an old boss. it run when he parked it sveral years ago and i was trying to fond books,diagrams on it any help would be greatly app. thanks

OldMachinist

p.m. (prime mover) at least that is what the tag on it says. the model is a 1200d, it has a serial # ,but i cant remember it. i haven't looked at it real good but it was given to meby an old boss. it run when he parked it sveral years ago and i was trying to fond books,diagrams on it any help would be greatly app. thanks
There have been several posts about Prime Mover machines check these out.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=15696
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=29035

Latest posts