S250 collapsed primer bulb

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bill16

I have a 2006 S250 that is starving for fuell and collapsing the primer bulb. Where is the access to the tank pickup? I tried blowing back through the line after primer and could hear bubbling in tank so seams clear. Can this tank be drained and flushed some way and does it have a filter on yhe pickup tube? Can that be removed an a inline filter added? Would any of this make sense?

brdgbldr

The fuel pickup is located between the engine and pump. You may be able to reach it through the access panels located behind the lift arm cylinders.

I do not see a pickup screen listed in the parts for an S250 but you may want to verify that with your serial number:

You can find the fuel tank drain by removing the drain cover located under the machine centered between the back wheels (small plate about 3" X 8". Normally 3 bolts holding it on). The drain in the tank is only a steel plug pushed into a rubber bushing.

OP
OP
B

bill16

Thank you brdgbldr, I really appreciate your help. I decided to take it to a Bobcat dealer. They drained the tank and found it to be heavily contaminated with a thick algi, the worst they have ever seen. The said replace the tank because it is so bad and trying to clean it would be very difficult with a continuing problem with clogging. I decided to have them replace it as I need it asap for a job. They have to pull the engine. I just bought this used 4k hrs on it, now I know why he sold it so cheap. Luckily it's worth 8k more than I paid so not feeling to bad about it. Have you ever heard of successful killing and cleaning of a biologically contaminated tank? I saw in a post on Google to use acetone. I need a dependable machine.

jambalini

Sodium hypochlorite, approx 15%, that will kill anything like this. Its effectively chlorine like used in swimming pools but used in a much higher concentration. It would obviously need flushing out and drying well, but that will kill anything living in there without damaging the plastic of the tank.

foton

check out diesel bugs and how to treat fuel systems that they are in, if you do use a bulk storage tank follow the preventive suggestions to control them. one of the big keys to control it is keep water out of fuel.