Please help with Drive sheave rebuild.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigdad390

I am attempting to replace the seals in my drive sheave on m610. I have an operators manual, a parts manual and a service manual. I have read the dissassembly procedure several times but just can t seem to get it. The manual says to move the VSL forward, shut off engine, move lever back and pull up on the drive belt. Then after side cover is removed, push in on the end cap and remove the snap ring. Nothing seems to move when I push on any component and the manual pictures an external expanding snap ring. Mine has a internal snap ring. I removed the snap ring and the swivel, but what next? There does not seem to be any thing else to remove. Do I try to pry out the end cap? Please see the photos. Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks.
100_5187.jpg

100_5192.jpg

100_5191.jpg

frogfarmer

You removed the wrong snap ring. The ring you want is the one on the outside of the same shaft it is captured by the sheave and clearly visible in the pics. The instructions tell you how to get the tension off the belt so the sheave will move in and you can get to the ring. Reassemble; start the unit; move the lever so the sheav in the pic runs the belt all the way to the outer edge and shut the engine down. If everything works as it should the belt will be captured in the variable sheave not shown in the pic and you will have the clearance you need to remove the sheave in the pics. All the oil on the sheaves and the belt may allow the belt to move once the engine shuts down causing the operation to be a real PITA. Hope some of that helps.

OP
OP
B

bigdad390

You removed the wrong snap ring. The ring you want is the one on the outside of the same shaft it is captured by the sheave and clearly visible in the pics. The instructions tell you how to get the tension off the belt so the sheave will move in and you can get to the ring. Reassemble; start the unit; move the lever so the sheav in the pic runs the belt all the way to the outer edge and shut the engine down. If everything works as it should the belt will be captured in the variable sheave not shown in the pic and you will have the clearance you need to remove the sheave in the pics. All the oil on the sheaves and the belt may allow the belt to move once the engine shuts down causing the operation to be a real PITA. Hope some of that helps.
Ok thanks. I will try it again tomorrow.

RPM

Mine is leaking out of the vents on that drive pulley by the roto swivel. What do I do?

RPM

Where can I find parts or kits to fix it? Thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
Where can I find parts or kits to fix it? Thank you.
I believe Bobcat still have parts for them.
Get it open to see what is broken or worn, if it's just seals, a seal shop should be able to sort you out.

6brnorma

I believe Bobcat still have parts for them.
Get it open to see what is broken or worn, if it's just seals, a seal shop should be able to sort you out.
There is a video on the Melroe Bobcat of America site that goes into detail on this exact subject.