Drive motor rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Banjosquatch

Hi all,
I'm on a shoe string budget and I've got a very weak drive motor on the right side on a bobcat 751c , I don't mind putting in the work to by a rebuild kit and doing the work myself , but before I do how do I know a rebuild will work ? It looks like rebuild kits are just replacing seals, and it's not leaking at the drive motor so does that mean I might have just a bad motor and have to fork out and replace it? I've already replaced the case drain filters and adjusted the steering linkage and that didn't help , the motor goes better in reverse and almost nothing going forward. And help or troubleshooting would be great. Don't want to buy a new motor I'd rather fix it if I can

Gearclash

the motor goes better in reverse and almost nothing going forward.
This would indicate, though not absolutely, that the motor is not the problem. From my work on drive motors, it seems the that often just buying whole new motor is the better way to go. On my little Cases just replacing the output shaft seal and shaft to cure leaking there used to be more than half what a new motor was.

OP
OP
B

Banjosquatch

This would indicate, though not absolutely, that the motor is not the problem. From my work on drive motors, it seems the that often just buying whole new motor is the better way to go. On my little Cases just replacing the output shaft seal and shaft to cure leaking there used to be more than half what a new motor was.
Thanks for the reply ! So you're saying it's prob just best to replace the whole motor ?

brdgbldr

Hi all,
I'm on a shoe string budget and I've got a very weak drive motor on the right side on a bobcat 751c , I don't mind putting in the work to by a rebuild kit and doing the work myself , but before I do how do I know a rebuild will work ? It looks like rebuild kits are just replacing seals, and it's not leaking at the drive motor so does that mean I might have just a bad motor and have to fork out and replace it? I've already replaced the case drain filters and adjusted the steering linkage and that didn't help , the motor goes better in reverse and almost nothing going forward. And help or troubleshooting would be great. Don't want to buy a new motor I'd rather fix it if I can
Try swapping the motors first. If the problem fallows the motor, then that is the problem. If the problem stays on the right side then it could be the pump or a valve.

Latest posts