Drive Motor Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wildfan

I have 753(F) where I have a significant hydraulic oil leak around the drive motor flange to the carrier. The oil is definitely not coming from the chain case. When the oil is at full operating temperature, it will even drain the hydraulic reservoir tank. I'm curious what would cause a leak in this area or what should I look for to resolve this?

OP
OP
W

wildfan

I should add, that there is no case drain filters on this early one. The drain case hydraulic line from the drive motor runs back to the control valve, where it's tee'd into the valve, but continues through to the reservoir. When I put dye in the oil, I can see the dye all the way around where the motor mounts to the carrier. The picture below shows the case drain flow.

1712584604582.png

OP
OP
W

wildfan

In case anyone else has a similar problem. After I pulled the drive motor, I noticed it had the new design carrier seal, so it was obvious someone else was in there. I pulled the seal and was cleaning out the carrier, I felt something that shouldn't have been there. Whomever was in there previously damaged the carrier with their negligence so now I'm in need of a good used carrier.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.jpeg
    IMG_5046.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 27

brdgbldr

In case anyone else has a similar problem. After I pulled the drive motor, I noticed it had the new design carrier seal, so it was obvious someone else was in there. I pulled the seal and was cleaning out the carrier, I felt something that shouldn't have been there. Whomever was in there previously damaged the carrier with their negligence so now I'm in need of a good used carrier.
Thanks for posting what you found.