Mustang 2044 Hydraulic question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bucketbrigade

I have a mustang 2044 skid steer and the hydraulic fluid drain plug was knocked loose and fell of while operating and It lost a good amount before I put it back on. My question is: What is the capacity of the reservoir? I am trying to gage how much to put back in. Is there a way to check the level? (dipstick/window)

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know hot to check it, but you technically can over-fill it. If its too full when you cycle the cylinders oil could come out the tank. Best to have more than not enough though.
As you said, there should be a sight glass or dipstick, some even have drain plugs on them, fill till oil just starts to come out.

Land-Tech

I don't know hot to check it, but you technically can over-fill it. If its too full when you cycle the cylinders oil could come out the tank. Best to have more than not enough though.
As you said, there should be a sight glass or dipstick, some even have drain plugs on them, fill till oil just starts to come out.
There should be a dipstick inside the filler tube and the capacity is 11.5 gal. scott