2044 mustang skidsteer, tires are locked up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BrendaR

We were digging in soft ground and the right side tires sunk just a few inches, we were rocking the mustang a bit and the tires just quit moving.
Bucket moves just fine.
We put 3 gallon of hydraulic oil in the reservoir between the tires. But that didn't help
Could you please give me an idea of which way to look?
Thanks. Brenda

cdmccul

Are the tires LOCKED up, or just not being powered?

In the fray, did you set the parking brake by chance?

I'm just throwing out ideas... I don't have any skilled suggestions.

Last edited:

brdgbldr

I'm not overly familiar with Mustang machines but you may have broken the drive chains or killed the hydrostatic pump.

Does it sound like the drive motors are turning?

Does the engine bog down when the motors are engaged?

OP
OP
B

BrendaR

Are the tires LOCKED up, or just not being powered?

In the fray, did you set the parking brake by chance?

I'm just throwing out ideas... I don't have any skilled suggestions.
The parking brakes are toggle switches up high , there doesn't seem to be any power getting to the wheels

OP
OP
B

BrendaR

I'm not overly familiar with Mustang machines but you may have broken the drive chains or killed the hydrostatic pump.

Does it sound like the drive motors are turning?

Does the engine bog down when the motors are engaged?
The engine does not bog down when we move the handles that make the tires move but it never bogged down before when the wheels were moving. I don't think I know what the drive motor dounds like.
We were moving, then we were not moving.

Firefighter

Since your bucket moves ok, the hydro pumps & hyd system should be ok
there is a delay timer in the dash for the brake system, if it fails the brakes will lock on, the timer can be bypassed &
the loader will function fine without it

OP
OP
B

BrendaR

Thank you, we do believe the delay timer malfunctioned, or just the brake lock switch in general. We turned it off and on several times in about 3 hours, and it just started working again, I will definitely look up how to bypass the timer.

Firefighter

typical timer fault. It will have a 4 wire plug into it 1 black =Ground, 1 Red= 12Volt, 2 orange = signal in & signal out
it will have a pig tail about 12 inches long, follow each orange wire back u will find a male /female
connector on each wire disconnect both u will find that they will plug into each other thus bypassing the timer
the red goes to ignition on key switch which can be removed & the black can be unplugged from harness

jimmy37920

Mustang 2040 wiring is a mess brakes are hot wired but the lift does not work how do I hot wire the lift spool valve?