lx565 oppinion and power questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

racelife

I am looking at a '99 lx565 with 1100 hrs. to purchase for around $8900 lo pro bucket and forks but I am unfamiliar with nh it looks kind of small and i am using for work around an industrial yard and demo clean up can it pick up an average size car with forks? (the old bobcat we had around could barely I think it was a 753) I will be moving a lot of steel and doing heavy construction with it. I read in another it is the same frame as a john deer? how similar is it? how can I tell if it has high flow hydrolics? if it dosnt will it run a breaker, sweeper, auger, trencher? sorry if this has been asked but I need to let him know tomorrow if I am going to take it What it comes down to is... is it powerful compared to others or should I keep looking. thanks

skidsteer.ca

Sometime around 96 I have heard NH switched over to the Bobcat compatible quick attach. But check to be sure it is the standard SAE J2513. See links below.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-skid-steer-quick-attach-plate-406928-foo.jpg
75291d1177387373-here-universal-attachment-mount-specification-sae_j2513.pdf
The LX 565 shares the same frame with the LS 160 and 170 and the 170's predecessors the LX 665. The only difference between the 160/565 and the 170/665 is the engine has a turbo and 10 more hp. The 160 is rated 1500 lb lift, which is the same as the 763/s150 bobcat. But it can have counter weights installed to boast this to a number not published in my manual.
The 170 s rated 1700 lb lift, not sure if the counter weights are standard on it or not. So in this respect you may be able to consider it in the 773 class. I see in the manual the SAE rates the 160 at 1750 lbs lift and the 170 at 1765 lb lift. So this will be a step up from the 753
Note the L565 is the same machine but does not have the aux hydraulics fitted, so be sure your looking at a LX if you want to run hydraulic attachments.
These machines should have the turbo motor to have enough hp for high flow, but I doubt it is fitted to the one your looking at anyway.
Of the attachment you mention the only one that could benefit from hi flow imo is the trencher, and that's if you can find a trencher that has a hyd motor sized to use the extra gpm to increase the torque at the chain as opposed to just spinning the chain faster. Putting hi flow through a standard flow attachment just over speeds the attachment.
Hi and standard flow are just "loose" terms, when looking at attachments you need to match the flow and pressure of the loader, (@ 15.5 gpm, and my guesstimated 2500 psi for the lx565) to the attachment you trying to run, to be sure the loader is in the range the manufacturer recommends for the attachment.
My 2000 model ls160 is at 2600 psi where Bobcat was using 3000 psi in 2000. Newer machines have higher relief pressures, currently 3000 to 3500 depending on manufacturer being the norm.
The same range that applies to flow (gpm) for attachments, also applies to pressure (psi) Being in the upper part of these ranges, usually has the best performance.
The broom, auger and trencher would all benefit from a higher relief pressure, which increases the torque to run the attachment. NH is not a leader here, but their pressure is within the acceptable range and will run the attachment you mention from most attachment manufacturers. While lower pressure don't make attachments perform better, they do have the benefit of being easier on pumps, motors and hoses which may result in a longer life.
Ken

Earthwerks Unlimited

Sometime around 96 I have heard NH switched over to the Bobcat compatible quick attach. But check to be sure it is the standard SAE J2513. See links below.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/build-yourself/91630d1197863888-skid-steer-quick-attach-plate-406928-foo.jpg
75291d1177387373-here-universal-attachment-mount-specification-sae_j2513.pdf
The LX 565 shares the same frame with the LS 160 and 170 and the 170's predecessors the LX 665. The only difference between the 160/565 and the 170/665 is the engine has a turbo and 10 more hp. The 160 is rated 1500 lb lift, which is the same as the 763/s150 bobcat. But it can have counter weights installed to boast this to a number not published in my manual.
The 170 s rated 1700 lb lift, not sure if the counter weights are standard on it or not. So in this respect you may be able to consider it in the 773 class. I see in the manual the SAE rates the 160 at 1750 lbs lift and the 170 at 1765 lb lift. So this will be a step up from the 753
Note the L565 is the same machine but does not have the aux hydraulics fitted, so be sure your looking at a LX if you want to run hydraulic attachments.
These machines should have the turbo motor to have enough hp for high flow, but I doubt it is fitted to the one your looking at anyway.
Of the attachment you mention the only one that could benefit from hi flow imo is the trencher, and that's if you can find a trencher that has a hyd motor sized to use the extra gpm to increase the torque at the chain as opposed to just spinning the chain faster. Putting hi flow through a standard flow attachment just over speeds the attachment.
Hi and standard flow are just "loose" terms, when looking at attachments you need to match the flow and pressure of the loader, (@ 15.5 gpm, and my guesstimated 2500 psi for the lx565) to the attachment you trying to run, to be sure the loader is in the range the manufacturer recommends for the attachment.
My 2000 model ls160 is at 2600 psi where Bobcat was using 3000 psi in 2000. Newer machines have higher relief pressures, currently 3000 to 3500 depending on manufacturer being the norm.
The same range that applies to flow (gpm) for attachments, also applies to pressure (psi) Being in the upper part of these ranges, usually has the best performance.
The broom, auger and trencher would all benefit from a higher relief pressure, which increases the torque to run the attachment. NH is not a leader here, but their pressure is within the acceptable range and will run the attachment you mention from most attachment manufacturers. While lower pressure don't make attachments perform better, they do have the benefit of being easier on pumps, motors and hoses which may result in a longer life.
Ken
PASS ON IT.
John Deeres that resemble the New Hollands becase New Holland made them for Deere. They are identical except they're usually painted green and have different model designations.
The one youre looking at doesn't have enough front weight to adequately run a breaker to keep down pressure on the breaker. And those breakers can weigh a 1000 lb which is nearly the lifting limit.
And it won't lift a car unless the car is stripped. You can probably flip or turn the car over, but that's not a good way.
I have a LS185.b which is the next bigger model than the one you're looking at. It's rated at lifting ten feet. It is rated at tipping load of 5,500 lb. With tracks and bucket mine weighs about 8,000 lb.
Although I can lift a non-stripped car from the side with a grapple, the rear end comes off the ground even with rear weights. I cleaned up Mississippi and "Naw'lins" for the Army Corp as a contractor and moved many a flooded car with it. Now that was fuuuun! Even tore down about 20 homes with it too. And I flipped over a 70 foot mobile home on its side and demolished it--oh yeah and a Big Winnebago motorhome--flipped that one on its side too.
A skid steer for what you want to do is just not going to work. You need a 2-yard articulated wheel loader or even a backhoe. Backhoes are cheap compared to what they can do compared to a skid steer--skid steers have their place but not for what you want to do.

Chip S

I've got an LX565 and think it's a great machine, but you'd be asking way too much of it. Lift capacity is SAE rated at 1700 lbs, and the machine weighs 5400 lbs w/o suitcase weights. If you look at Deeres or NH's, be sure to take a careful look at the lift arms for cracks around the pivot points.

Latest posts