kubota D950 oversized cylinders liners?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LyHydroponics

Hi all, Im looking for a bit of help at the moment. My father recently bought a 543 off ebay in a rush. The machine had no hour meter, the VIN plate had been painted over and the previous owner had told us that it was a 1990 model with no oil leaks and in fine condition. Waited over a week before it was delivered to us. Finally it arrived and the top of the tow truck was covered in oil. RH hydraulic ram seal was destroyed and both orings on the hydraulic pumps were leaking. Fixed that up, then used it for 2 days and the tapered shaft for the drive motor stripped internally. Went into the bobcat dealer and was informed that the bobcat is more likely a 1984 - 86 model based on the serial number. Fixed that up.. used it for 2 hrs and now the engine has blown. engine needs exhaust valves, inlet valves, guides, inserts new number 2 piston, rings, and liners and all new bearings. My main problem is that the d950 bore is warped and i need to find oversized cylinder liners to suit. We've only had this bobcat for just under 2 months now!! btw, the tapered shaft from the local bobcat dealer set me back $1600 just for the part! I only just noticed that the Loader Parts Source site has it listed for $350! Any help would be greatly appreciated. John

Tazza

Staff member
Talk to an engine shop, they will have universal piston sleves. Thats the route i went for me V1702, $20 each vs $80 from Kubota.
That's some bad luck you had there..... I hope you get it up and running as it should soon.