Help Bobcat 763 kubota leaking fuel at injector

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tzerambo

I have a 1998 bobcat 763 I just purchased this skid and it's been a very good running machine. I have noticed just from looking near the injectors that one of the injectors or injection lines is leaking fuel externally. It's a very small leak but it is definitely noticeable after running the machine for a couple hours. Just wanted to know if anyone is familiar with this issue I'm curious if it's the crush washers that go in between the injector rail line that is most likely the cause of this problem or the actual injector leaking itself. I have posted a couple pictures here let me know what you think thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3328.jpeg
    IMG_3328.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3303.jpeg
    IMG_3303.jpeg
    831.4 KB · Views: 58

Tazza

Staff member
Your best bet is to get your compressed air blow gun out, blow the area down and then run it, looking for leaks.

It can be the high pressure injector line, or it could be the return line rail, the washers to go bad, but also the return lines do crack if you aren't careful when doing the nuts up.

laurencen

had a cracked line just above the nut, just enough to wet the area, replaced washers but in the end had to replace the line

OP
OP
tzerambo

tzerambo

Your best bet is to get your compressed air blow gun out, blow the area down and then run it, looking for leaks.

It can be the high pressure injector line, or it could be the return line rail, the washers to go bad, but also the return lines do crack if you aren't careful when doing the nuts up.
I took all the lines out and swapped two of the injectors and inspected everything and nothing seemed like it should be leaking. I put everything back together and ran it for a couple hours and nothing is leaking anymore 🤷‍♂️not sure what the problem was maybe something just wasn't very tight.

OP
OP
tzerambo

tzerambo

had a cracked line just above the nut, just enough to wet the area, replaced washers but in the end had to replace the line
I went to the bobcat dealer and they gave me the wrong washers but I put everything back together after removing the lines and injectors and now nothings leaking. So I'm not sure what was wrong but it's fixed for now.

laurencen

great its fixed, possibly it was just out of alignment, great when it works out like this

Latest posts