743 kubota diesel running fluffy

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I changed glow plugs opened up a fuel line or so in doing that. ive turned the bleeder valve, still fluffy (or rough, weak, lack of power).
the fuel gauge seems to stop reading correctly. whats the easiest correction available?

laurencen

Iv always bled them at the injectors, loosen the nut on the top 1/4 to half turn let it run till no more air comes out, messy but works for me

Tazza

Staff member
So, the issue only started once you changed the glow plugs?

If you only cracked fuel lines at the pump or injectors, that really shouldn't have been an issue.

Are you getting any smoke? smoke tells us a lot about what is going on

oiu789

Did the glow plugs come out all intact? Ie tip not broke off. If the tip broke off it could be stuck in the valve. Do a compression test or leak down test or pull the valve cover and check the valve lash. Let us know what you found on this issue!

Markle

Not sure we will see closure on this one…it really helps to see final solution/fix. Lack of power, I'm thinking compression has dropped. OP?

thwerench

Years ago I was working on a pick up truck with a diesel in it. Dont remember what I was doing to it but being careful I stuffed a rag into the intake of the turbo to make sure nothing fell in. And I forgot to take it out
Upon initial start up the engine ran terrible. Rough. Shaking. No power. Until it finally ate the rag
I wonder ??

oiu789

Sounds like you might have air getting into the fuel system. Make sure bleeder valve is closed. Is the primer bulb soft or collapsed? It should get hard with only a squeeze or 2 if there is no air in the system. When you bleed the filter does bubbles come out around the bleed screw? It could bubble at first and then it should stop bubbling and be just solid fuel.

Last edited:

Latest posts