Bobcat 632 stalling

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OsceolaCabin

I removed the radiator a couple months ago to have the filler neck fixed, left the opening uncovered thinking I would have it out and back in within a timely manner. That did not happen and the engine was exposed to the elements for 8-10 weeks. Upon reinstalling the radiator last week, the engine would not fire. Turn it over and over and determined this weekend the issue was no spark. Fixed that, turned out to be corrosioin under the distributor cap...to be exact the point connection. Now the issue, I had turned the distibutor not knowing and has some running issues now. It will start, run and then a few minutes into working the machine...it will start to stall. I have to pull and hold the choke lever to keep it running. If I let off of the choke the engine will stall. Oil pressure is good, along with level. The temperature reading was 190, not sure if that is within limits...not in the repair manual. Not sure if this is an issue with dialing in the distributor or a temperature issue. BTW it was running great after I finally got spark and tightened up a few things. Ran it around and started working (about 10 minutes or so). Ran into a pile of dirt/old trees/etc and hit a stump hard...this is when it started to act up.

mllud

Sounds when you hit the stump you stirred some gunk is the fuel tank.

Latest posts