rear view mirror genius idea

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wmodel1897

I got a cheap rear camera setup for a car. ran constant power to it and mounted the small monitor in the top of the cab where I can see it and have it out of the way. Mounted the camera in the center of the grill and back in enough so it is protected. works great with constant power to it anytime you look at it it shows everything behind you. And it has colored lines so you can tell how close you are.

LazyKG

Some years ago now, I installed a small (and cheap - $20) backup camera on my 732. The camera is near the top of the cab, facing down some so I can see the ground, and the screen, 3" x 4", is mounted in the upper left corner of the cab; all I need to do is glance up and to the left to see what I am about to run into. It is kinda hard to see when it's brought out depending on the orientation of the sun and it's impossible to see with sunglasses.

Lowe.Buuck

I use a ski boat convex mirror. They are designed to allow the operator to keep water skiers in view even skiing far out to the side.

I mounted it to a magnet and stuck it to the underside of the roof, centered outside the door opening. It is out of the way and provides good views to the rear and out both sides.

Haven't managed to knock it off or damage it yet.

foton

some skid steers a rear view mirror is a option ,so a quick internet look up should give you what the manf. has engineered IF it was a option.

FJRDarksider

I was also wondering if anyone had added one of the new 360 birds eye view camera's
I seen a bunch of them, from prices from about a 100 bucks up?
I'm sure the quality isn;'t the best ,
but having the ability to see all 4 corners and around a machine, I think would be pretty nice, over just a back up camera
SO, has anyone tried one of them yet??

and if so, how does it work, do len's get real dust covered fast? or any other issue's!

I have a back up camera on mine and so far dirt/dust isn't an issue at all. It's always on which is nice.