Bobcat 632 bogs down when I use multiple functions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tyus4

I have had this machine for 6 years now with no problems at all. All I have done is rebuilt the hydraulic cylinders. Took her out for the first time this season and she is bogging down when I do multiple functions. As in, backing up while lowering bucket. She is a 1978 so I know she is old and probably worn down. Is there anything I can check? Or what is going to have to get replaced? Thanks

reaperman

I'd start by checking the points gap .250 if I recall. Kind of a common issue with the ford engine.

bobcatguy

I don't know much about the older machines but if it has a drive belt driving the hydraulic pump I'd check it. I had an S175 that had a similar problem where it would bog down heavily when backing and raising or lowering the boom. It didn't do it as much when driving forward but it did do it. I replaced the drive belt which was slipping and it got a little better but the S175's have been known to have this "problem".

jerry

I don't know much about the older machines but if it has a drive belt driving the hydraulic pump I'd check it. I had an S175 that had a similar problem where it would bog down heavily when backing and raising or lowering the boom. It didn't do it as much when driving forward but it did do it. I replaced the drive belt which was slipping and it got a little better but the S175's have been known to have this "problem".
If the points are ok check the spark advance both the vacuum and the mechanical in the distributor ,the vacuum do go bad and the mechanical do rust and stick.