I just bought a Clark, Bobcat skid steer Model #722

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wayout

Hello from Fancy Gap va. I just bought a Clark, Bobcat skid steer Model #722. Never owned one before and much needed something to move some dirt on my property.

Any info from on this thing would be great, I'm not a motor head but if it can be fixed I will get it done.

I just ordered a rebuild kit for a bucket cylinder, when I get that done I will be changing the Hydraulic oil with filter.

Anyone know how much this thing will hold?
What kind should I buy, I never knew they made different kinds lol.
What filter?

My property is not level what angles should I be concerned about, just moving it in my yard it doesn't have a big footprint, do they tip easy?

I love these sights, so many people with so much knowledge, Questions about home insulation, I can help there lol.

brdgbldr

Here is a link to the parts catalog:

You should be able to find the capacities on there. Otherwise you can normally find all the specs by just doing an inter web search for your machine.
On my older machines I use a good quality AW 46 hydraulic oil. In my case NAPA brand is pretty cheap but good quality. The 46 is the thickness of the oil you'll have to figure that out for your climate.
Always use a high quality, name brand, filter purchased from a known source. Counterfeit oil filters are big business these days and will destroy a machine.

These machines can be tippy. They work best on flat ground but as long as you are careful, and don't go sideways on a hill, you should be fine.

Always travel with the bucket as low to the ground as you can. These machine will tip forward especially with a heavy load.

Always back up any slopes since these machines are very back heavy, especially without a load, and will tip backwards if not careful.

If the machine starts to buck, let go of the controls.

OP
OP
W

Wayout

Here is a link to the parts catalog:

You should be able to find the capacities on there. Otherwise you can normally find all the specs by just doing an inter web search for your machine.
On my older machines I use a good quality AW 46 hydraulic oil. In my case NAPA brand is pretty cheap but good quality. The 46 is the thickness of the oil you'll have to figure that out for your climate.
Always use a high quality, name brand, filter purchased from a known source. Counterfeit oil filters are big business these days and will destroy a machine.

These machines can be tippy. They work best on flat ground but as long as you are careful, and don't go sideways on a hill, you should be fine.

Always travel with the bucket as low to the ground as you can. These machine will tip forward especially with a heavy load.

Always back up any slopes since these machines are very back heavy, especially without a load, and will tip backwards if not careful.

If the machine starts to buck, let go of the controls.
Thank you so much. You have helped me.

Latest posts