642 Ignition parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bfingar

Doing some PM while the engine is out. Trying to locate NAPA part numbers (or anything that will cross) for cap and rotor for 642 with 1.6l Ford motor. Distributor is Bosch 0231170307. I ordered a Pertronix kit to replace the points. I installed one in a boat I have and it worked great. NAPA is apparently unable to look up the parts anymore.

OP
OP
B

bfingar

1971-73 Ford Pinto 1.6 litre.
HTH - SR
Used above at NAPA less the HTH - SR. It was not a selection. Went to NAPA, and came home with an EP50 CAP and EP51 Rotor. Parts are too big to fit the Bosch 0 231 170 307 distributor. Anyone have any aftermarket part numbers that can be crossed?

SkidRoe

Used above at NAPA less the HTH - SR. It was not a selection. Went to NAPA, and came home with an EP50 CAP and EP51 Rotor. Parts are too big to fit the Bosch 0 231 170 307 distributor. Anyone have any aftermarket part numbers that can be crossed?
Sorry for the confusion - the "HTH - SR" stands for "Hope This Helps - SkidRoe".
Back to your distributor - The Bosch number that you list crosses to a Ford p/n 71BB-12100 BHA, which was likely used in the Cortina and the Ford Capri, neither of which were popular North American models. The Bosch part number does however also turn up being used on the BMW 2002 (base model) from about 1974.
May be worth a try.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
B

bfingar

Sorry for the confusion - the "HTH - SR" stands for "Hope This Helps - SkidRoe".
Back to your distributor - The Bosch number that you list crosses to a Ford p/n 71BB-12100 BHA, which was likely used in the Cortina and the Ford Capri, neither of which were popular North American models. The Bosch part number does however also turn up being used on the BMW 2002 (base model) from about 1974.
May be worth a try.
Cheers - SR
SR- Thanks for the help, and I will be sure to brush up on my text-eze! I had not heard about the BMW.....will try that route as well. I can't believe I am the only person attempting to find a cap and rotor for a 642.

OP
OP
B

bfingar

SR- Thanks for the help, and I will be sure to brush up on my text-eze! I had not heard about the BMW.....will try that route as well. I can't believe I am the only person attempting to find a cap and rotor for a 642.
I searched up a 1974 BMW 2002 on NAPAONLINE.com........two cap appeared. the MPE EP131SB has the same markings on the underside of the cap that my current cap has. I will let you know if this works.

SkidRoe

I searched up a 1974 BMW 2002 on NAPAONLINE.com........two cap appeared. the MPE EP131SB has the same markings on the underside of the cap that my current cap has. I will let you know if this works.
Sounds hopeful. Fingers crossed. Cheers - SR

Latest posts