Winterizing an 1835B diesel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pcctim

I'm in northern Wisconsin and have a Case 1835b skid loader with the 188d diesel. Around November it'll go into storage until May (stored at our cabin). What do you put in the fuel prior to a long, cold sit? Besides check the cold level of the antifreeze, what should I do to winterize this thing? Thank you! Tim

Hotrod1830

I run power service in my diesels. Everybody has there favorite brand, that's just mine. Add it an hour or so before the last shutdown to let it get thru the system. Other than changing the oil, draining the water separator(If it has one) and filling the tank completely full of fuel, there is little you need to do.
Cleaning the battery and disconnecting it isnt a bad idea.
As long as it is enclosed in a protected structure and isnt subject to rapid temperature changes you should be fine.

OP
OP
P

pcctim

I run power service in my diesels. Everybody has there favorite brand, that's just mine. Add it an hour or so before the last shutdown to let it get thru the system. Other than changing the oil, draining the water separator(If it has one) and filling the tank completely full of fuel, there is little you need to do.
Cleaning the battery and disconnecting it isnt a bad idea.
As long as it is enclosed in a protected structure and isnt subject to rapid temperature changes you should be fine.
Thank you for the response. I looked at the Power Service but it said not to use the 'cold weather formula' when the temp was over 30. This thing will now sit until May, next time I run it the weather should be spring warm. Anyway, I bought the Staybil for Diesel. I can't find a water separator. Disconnected the battery and put it on a trickle maintenance charger. It will be in the pole shed, out of the wind and elements. Thanks again, Tim