tracks on LX665

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mllud

Wheel spacers may be necessary. It depends. My wheels are reversable and have enough offset to give me clearance.lx865.The problem with turning the wheels around is the valve stems are hard to get toon the inside.
Look at your wheels and measure to see if they are offset. If you dont mind the valve stems on the inside. that offset should be enough. Ken/skidsteer.ca. pointed out in another post that you can drill holes in the wheels to install second set of valve stems in the wheels.Good option.
To leave the wheels as they are and add wheel spacers will cost $300to$350. You might find them cheaper on E-Bay.
Im not sure what the required clearance is. I think I have about 3". Mike

Earthwerks Unlimited

Wheel spacers may be necessary. It depends. My wheels are reversable and have enough offset to give me clearance.lx865.The problem with turning the wheels around is the valve stems are hard to get toon the inside.
Look at your wheels and measure to see if they are offset. If you dont mind the valve stems on the inside. that offset should be enough. Ken/skidsteer.ca. pointed out in another post that you can drill holes in the wheels to install second set of valve stems in the wheels.Good option.
To leave the wheels as they are and add wheel spacers will cost $300to$350. You might find them cheaper on E-Bay.
Im not sure what the required clearance is. I think I have about 3". Mike
My buddy has a Lx665 that I made chain-type tracks for. He just turned the wheels around and gained 3" on each side. You'll love tracks on that machine providing you don't plan on doing any snow work on paved surfaces. I have TracksPlus tracks on my bigger LS185.b and all I did was turn the wheels around and gained 3". As was pointed out, it makes checking the air really difficult. Even though I have the stem protectors on the rims the stems fill up with mud. And worse, when it freezes they collect frozen snow and ice clods. When the tires roll they can easily lose their stems as they get wiped out by the axle housing ribs. I was going to relocate my stems to the outside but I'm seriously considering the SolidBoss aperture tires ($2500 ouch). If you want wheel spacers, you might want to consider Craigslist---I bought a full set for $50 which normally go for $400.