Torsion Trailer Axel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

Does anyone know if there is any religning torsion axels or if the torsion rubbers can be replaced?
I just got a used trailer for a song but the one axel is out of toe (sp?) (towed out)
The other problem is the axels have a 94" hub face measurement and by the time the tires are installed the overall width is 103.5" with a std whitespoke wheel.
So even if I kept this axel I have to fine some wheels with a lot of neg offset. Does anyone know where you can get wheels made to the offset you order?
So I'm thinking I'll order two spring ride axels, springs and hangers, and just be done with it. Am I throwing good axels away?
Ken

sterlclan

nope those torsion bar type are not good for much.............. well a snowmobile trailer or something light just my 2c ...Jeff

Idoitall

I can't seem to get a link in the post (HELP, how about a FAQ for this and images), but I spoke with these folks a few years ago concerning military wheels. They will likely help you.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I can't seem to get a link in the post (HELP, how about a FAQ for this and images), but I spoke with these folks a few years ago concerning military wheels. They will likely help you.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/
Go into your "profile" and check the following boxes, "use HTML editor"

Upload an image to show next to your posts (must be 80x80 pixels).​
Current Avatar:​
skidsteer.ca_307.jpg
[TD]
Display my icon​
[TD]
Enable email tracking​
[TD]
Hide read posts​
[TD]

Use HTML Editor (Free Text Box)

Thanks for the link
Ken
[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]

[TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Idoitall

Go into your "profile" and check the following boxes, "use HTML editor"

Upload an image to show next to your posts (must be 80x80 pixels).

Current Avatar:

Display my icon

Enable email tracking

Hide read posts

Use HTML Editor (Free Text Box)

Thanks for the link
Ken
OK Ken, I still can't get the link to work. It's school time for me.

I had the html editor checked, but not the email box. Note, I use Mozilla Firefox so I have to "preview", then "back to edit mode" to add anything into the reply, and use the "

" to set paragraghs. All this is OK now that I know it.

If I simply copy a web page link from some given page, then paste it into the reply, it doesn't work, so is there more to it than that? I use another forum for hoem stuff and its easy. You just select "URL" and 2 boxes appear, one for the actual page address, and one for the links name. It adds some additional text such as http://.......[url]. I have the sa...bject, so move to User questions if you like.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

OK Ken, I still can't get the link to work. It's school time for me.

I had the html editor checked, but not the email box. Note, I use Mozilla Firefox so I have to "preview", then "back to edit mode" to add anything into the reply, and use the "

" to set paragraghs. All this is OK now that I know it.

If I simply copy a web page link from some given page, then paste it into the reply, it doesn't work, so is there more to it than that? I use another forum for hoem stuff and its easy. You just select "URL" and 2 boxes appear, one for the actual page address, and one for the links name. It adds some additional text such as http://.......[url]. I have the sa...RL='http://www.skidsteer.ca']www.skidsteer.ca or copy and paste one like this http://www.tracksplus.com/ by selecting text in the address bar going to edit and copy, then pasting from the edit menu again.
Keyboad shortcut CTRL + V doe not seem to work though. Hope this helps
Ken

Idoitall

To post images here they have to be hosted on the web (ie photobucket or a folder in ssf media section) The you copy the actual photo ( not the link to the photo) and paste it in the text box.
I can type a link like this www.skidsteer.ca or copy and paste one like this http://www.tracksplus.com/ by selecting text in the address bar going to edit and copy, then pasting from the edit menu again.
Keyboad shortcut CTRL + V doe not seem to work though. Hope this helps
Ken
Testing 123
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/?gclid=CIai69700osCFQkmZQodsy-EaQ
TILT%20TACH%201.jpg

I believe that I have finally figured it out. Well maybe. It appears that there is an issue using my Mozilla Firefox (????). If I open the forum, the photos and other web pages with IE, its seems to work, and the editor works well to (No editor with MFF). Also, when I select an image and use right click to copy it doesn't work. Neither does CTRL-C and CTRL-V. I have to go up to the edit menu and use the copy and paste from there. Another thing, when I copy the image from the forum photos into the post, the size is small, like a thumbnail (above), and if I select and resize they get very blurred. The 1st photo from SSS works fine. What do I need to do different here?
I'm getting there. By the time I purchase a machine I might actually post a picture!!!
Many thanks for your patience and help.

Tazza

Staff member
Testing 123
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/?gclid=CIai69700osCFQkmZQodsy-EaQ

I believe that I have finally figured it out. Well maybe. It appears that there is an issue using my Mozilla Firefox (????). If I open the forum, the photos and other web pages with IE, its seems to work, and the editor works well to (No editor with MFF). Also, when I select an image and use right click to copy it doesn't work. Neither does CTRL-C and CTRL-V. I have to go up to the edit menu and use the copy and paste from there. Another thing, when I copy the image from the forum photos into the post, the size is small, like a thumbnail (above), and if I select and resize they get very blurred. The 1st photo from SSS works fine. What do I need to do different here?
I'm getting there. By the time I purchase a machine I might actually post a picture!!!
Many thanks for your patience and help.
MMM tilt tach, i'd love one of those! but a little pricy.....
I remember another user saying firefox doesn't play well with this forum.

siduramaxde

MMM tilt tach, i'd love one of those! but a little pricy.....
I remember another user saying firefox doesn't play well with this forum.
I have tor-flex axles on my skidsteer trailer and I love them. Much better ride that springs IMO.

jerry

I have tor-flex axles on my skidsteer trailer and I love them. Much better ride that springs IMO.
Ken , we have torsion axles on our present travel trailer and they are good, trail nice at hwy speed and ride good on rough roads, but they are under constant load on the trailer of about 5000. Had sprung type axles on previous travel trailer and I had a more trouble with sway. My brother has a gooseneck flatbed with torsion axles rated for 12000 and he hauls every ounce of it with no trouble except that when empty they do bounce a little more than springs. Our 16 ft flatbed has springs and measures about 103 across the tires. At least if you let the trailer set for a long time between uses the torsion axles won't get stiff like the spring equalizers will. I have straightened spring type axles by bending the spindle but I think a good alignment shop could do it to a torsion one also. None of this helps your problem I know. jerry

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

Ken , we have torsion axles on our present travel trailer and they are good, trail nice at hwy speed and ride good on rough roads, but they are under constant load on the trailer of about 5000. Had sprung type axles on previous travel trailer and I had a more trouble with sway. My brother has a gooseneck flatbed with torsion axles rated for 12000 and he hauls every ounce of it with no trouble except that when empty they do bounce a little more than springs. Our 16 ft flatbed has springs and measures about 103 across the tires. At least if you let the trailer set for a long time between uses the torsion axles won't get stiff like the spring equalizers will. I have straightened spring type axles by bending the spindle but I think a good alignment shop could do it to a torsion one also. None of this helps your problem I know. jerry
I'm going to switch it over to spring ride, mostly because it get used for rental and on multilple trucks with different hitch heights and this way the springs can equalize the load from axel to axel.
The torflex rubbers are crawling out on the old axels a bit and the one is towed out.
I can buy new spring ride axels for 118.97 each (bare) and switch my old brakes (with new shoes ) onto them. So I guess the fix won't be too expensive.
Ken

perry

I'm going to switch it over to spring ride, mostly because it get used for rental and on multilple trucks with different hitch heights and this way the springs can equalize the load from axel to axel.
The torflex rubbers are crawling out on the old axels a bit and the one is towed out.
I can buy new spring ride axels for 118.97 each (bare) and switch my old brakes (with new shoes ) onto them. So I guess the fix won't be too expensive.
Ken
Idoitall, the above picture looks like what I need, I think it pivots?, just what I need for my fence post driver. Can you give me a few details on that attachment.

Thanks,

Perry

Idoitall

Idoitall, the above picture looks like what I need, I think it pivots?, just what I need for my fence post driver. Can you give me a few details on that attachment.

Thanks,

Perry
Perry. That image of a Tilt-Tach was just a test that I did trying to learn how to post an image. The image itself is from Skid Steer Solutions website. Sorry that I can't help.

perry

Perry. That image of a Tilt-Tach was just a test that I did trying to learn how to post an image. The image itself is from Skid Steer Solutions website. Sorry that I can't help.
No problem, it gives a little idea of where I need to go....

Latest posts