T190 Parking brake 2005 not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wayneswann

Fuses are good, relays are good, switch is good. Anyone know where exactly the solenoid is located for the parking brake? I found a solenoid right underneath the seat in the middle (smaller hoses come up from the drive motors and connect here) - when I switch the parking brake on (if I remember correctly) power is taken away from this switch, but I hear NO click and don't feel any either (switch in on or off position...doesn't matter). I found another solenoid to the larger valve body on the right side underneath the seat opening that has a green and black wire (same colors that come from the switch), but I can't seem to get power to this solenoid no matter where I put the lap bar or parking switch. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

OP
OP
W

wayneswann

So thanks to Fishfiles (I think that's his handle) I've found out that it's a coil stem that I'm dealing with and not a solenoid. The coil seems fine - makes a strong magnetic field with 12v, but I found out that I've only got 6.4 volts to the coil. Am now going to trace down the bad connection/break in the line. Not looking forward to this. Can hardly read the numbers printed on the wires themselves.

bobbie-g

So thanks to Fishfiles (I think that's his handle) I've found out that it's a coil stem that I'm dealing with and not a solenoid. The coil seems fine - makes a strong magnetic field with 12v, but I found out that I've only got 6.4 volts to the coil. Am now going to trace down the bad connection/break in the line. Not looking forward to this. Can hardly read the numbers printed on the wires themselves.
Wayne, do you have a good handle on how the light and brakes work normally? I almost never use mine. I know the light comes on when the overhead switch is thrown, but I don't hear anything corresponding to the switch throw. Can you tell if it's both brakes that don't work, or only one? I would think if only one, then the machine should go in circles when you try to move. On the other hand, I think the switch being on tells the computer (on my SJC machine) to not even try to move the drive motors. Best I can offer, which isn't much. :) ---RC

bobbie-g

Wayne, do you have a good handle on how the light and brakes work normally? I almost never use mine. I know the light comes on when the overhead switch is thrown, but I don't hear anything corresponding to the switch throw. Can you tell if it's both brakes that don't work, or only one? I would think if only one, then the machine should go in circles when you try to move. On the other hand, I think the switch being on tells the computer (on my SJC machine) to not even try to move the drive motors. Best I can offer, which isn't much. :) ---RC
Wayne, how did this work out? :) ---RC