2001 T190 error code 04-21 help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MikeDaley507

Hi guys, new member here. I was running my t190 the other day and I got the engine oil pressure warning light and the machine shut itself off. I changed the oil and checked the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge and it was reading 50PSI at idle and 64PSI at WOT. I replaced the oil pressure sensor with a new one a friend had and the warning light is still on and the 04-21 code is back after disconnecting the battery to clear it. Where do I start with my diag? I'm not finding much helpful information online. Thanks in advance!

polishpete

or by pass tge switch oil pressure and see if light shuts off than u know its sensoe or oil related

brdgbldr

Hi guys, new member here. I was running my t190 the other day and I got the engine oil pressure warning light and the machine shut itself off. I changed the oil and checked the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge and it was reading 50PSI at idle and 64PSI at WOT. I replaced the oil pressure sensor with a new one a friend had and the warning light is still on and the 04-21 code is back after disconnecting the battery to clear it. Where do I start with my diag? I'm not finding much helpful information online. Thanks in advance!
You could have a wiring short to your sensor. If the wrong voltage is going to the sensor the computer thinks there is a problem.

I'm not sure what the voltage should be going to the sensor. Hopefully someone else on here knows.

RedNeckMike

Is the oil pressure switch Normally open or closed contacts. If open contacts you may have a short in sensor wiring that is sending a false signal

OP
OP
M

MikeDaley507

You could have a wiring short to your sensor. If the wrong voltage is going to the sensor the computer thinks there is a problem.

I'm not sure what the voltage should be going to the sensor. Hopefully someone else on here knows.
I read that the sensor should have 8V and I verified that my sensor has 8V going to it

Latest posts