T180 bobcat power loss

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatdan

Ok done,checked both and they both have a consistent steady flow and appear to be pumping the same
Has the undercarriage been propperly checked out to make sure there is no binding there. If everyrhing checks out, I'd take it to a real diesel shop that knows Kubota inside out. More I think about and you say it blows smoke, Kubota's don't normally smoke even when pulling hard. Has anybody check the muffler for restrictions?

OP
OP
D

DKR

Has the undercarriage been propperly checked out to make sure there is no binding there. If everyrhing checks out, I'd take it to a real diesel shop that knows Kubota inside out. More I think about and you say it blows smoke, Kubota's don't normally smoke even when pulling hard. Has anybody check the muffler for restrictions?
Yes, at the dealer they had it up on blocks and tracks off, they checked all rollers, idlers, drive motors etc, then they checked turbo, injectors, injector pump, muffler and air intake. The engine does not blow any smoke!! They think it is a pressure flow problem but have said they cannot find where the problem is and they don't know what else they can check?

OP
OP
D

DKR

Yes, at the dealer they had it up on blocks and tracks off, they checked all rollers, idlers, drive motors etc, then they checked turbo, injectors, injector pump, muffler and air intake. The engine does not blow any smoke!! They think it is a pressure flow problem but have said they cannot find where the problem is and they don't know what else they can check?
Bobcat Dan, if there was a problem with pickup in hydrostatic tank restricting pickup,flow would the motor bog like this?just a thought because its only noticeable going uphill?were is the pickup?does it have a pipe in the tank? metal filter?have you ever heard of this problem before? Thanks Darrin

Bobcatdan

Bobcat Dan, if there was a problem with pickup in hydrostatic tank restricting pickup,flow would the motor bog like this?just a thought because its only noticeable going uphill?were is the pickup?does it have a pipe in the tank? metal filter?have you ever heard of this problem before? Thanks Darrin
There is no pickup in the tank, the outlet is on the bottom of the tank. If the system was starved for oil, there would be obvious aeration of the hydraulic fluid.

OP
OP
D

DKR

There is no pickup in the tank, the outlet is on the bottom of the tank. If the system was starved for oil, there would be obvious aeration of the hydraulic fluid.
BCD,picked up machine yesterday from dealer after them checking everything again went straight to a job and its exactly the same still bogs down going uphill at full stroke even empty,rang them a told the manager,workshop foreman,head mechanic,salesmen are all coming out on Monday morning so i can show them whats going on(very frustrating,im so over it, been going on for 4 months and still no one knows what the problem is)as they do not know what is wrong,will keep you posted

Tazza

Staff member
BCD,picked up machine yesterday from dealer after them checking everything again went straight to a job and its exactly the same still bogs down going uphill at full stroke even empty,rang them a told the manager,workshop foreman,head mechanic,salesmen are all coming out on Monday morning so i can show them whats going on(very frustrating,im so over it, been going on for 4 months and still no one knows what the problem is)as they do not know what is wrong,will keep you posted
Could it be turbo related? not giving boost? or not enough? stuck waste gate?
I'm assumeing it is turbo, if not, ignore that.

farmshop

Could it be turbo related? not giving boost? or not enough? stuck waste gate?
I'm assumeing it is turbo, if not, ignore that.
We had a turbo go on a 190 and it smoked quite a bit and exhaust had different smell

OP
OP
D

DKR

Deep down I still think the brakes are dragging. Does it pull one to one side when bogging?
No it does not pull down one side (seems to be even)if it was brakes would you not feel it in the sticks? (Pulling back?or fighting against you if you know what I mean?like trying to move the machine with park brake on?

pcd

No it does not pull down one side (seems to be even)if it was brakes would you not feel it in the sticks? (Pulling back?or fighting against you if you know what I mean?like trying to move the machine with park brake on?
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have a t190 doing the same thing. if i push the sticks less than half way plenty of power, If i push the sticks more than 3/4 it lags way down no push really weak, but the motor stays constant no bog no smoke runs great. I am new around here thanks for any suggestions.