T180 bobcat power loss

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
D

DKR

Thanks,yes have checked tubo,belt tension,tracks,rollers,idlers,the dealer has not charged me for the time they had the machine,the mechanic that i had out the other day is coming back out next week and he wants to check a valve on the back of hydraulic pump and hook up a gauge to it and run it,also wants to check engine (injector)timing,will keep you posted
sorry forgot to say,the dealer agent said that it has them buggered and there is nothing else they can do for me as they can not find the problem,everything they have tested is in spec,they have had 2 of there mechanics look and test it and they can not find it

mmsllc

sorry forgot to say,the dealer agent said that it has them buggered and there is nothing else they can do for me as they can not find the problem,everything they have tested is in spec,they have had 2 of there mechanics look and test it and they can not find it
FWIW, Check all of you fuel lines & hoses for cracks. You could be pulling air into the fuel system. It could even be cracked inside of the fuel tank, too. When I replace the fuel lines on our BOBCATS, I like to add a cheap ($5) clear plastic inline fuel filter before the transfer pump. I look at it as the cheap filter is protecting the more expensive fuel ($147) transfer pump & ($????) fuel injection (high pressure pump) Doing it this way, we can watch for air bubbles in the fuel supply & we can see how much crap is in our fuel systems. You may also want to use a diesel fuel additive as the fuel we use these days is not as good of fuel as years ago.

7LBSSMALLIE

FWIW, Check all of you fuel lines & hoses for cracks. You could be pulling air into the fuel system. It could even be cracked inside of the fuel tank, too. When I replace the fuel lines on our BOBCATS, I like to add a cheap ($5) clear plastic inline fuel filter before the transfer pump. I look at it as the cheap filter is protecting the more expensive fuel ($147) transfer pump & ($????) fuel injection (high pressure pump) Doing it this way, we can watch for air bubbles in the fuel supply & we can see how much crap is in our fuel systems. You may also want to use a diesel fuel additive as the fuel we use these days is not as good of fuel as years ago.
I have seen this before. quick check. when fully tilt back to dead head does load partialy drop. this is an indication of aux partially engaged. what happens here is aux spool seal leakage will build up pressure in end cap with no where to go then it slightly shifts spool. adding extra load to eng.

OP
OP
D

DKR

I have seen this before. quick check. when fully tilt back to dead head does load partialy drop. this is an indication of aux partially engaged. what happens here is aux spool seal leakage will build up pressure in end cap with no where to go then it slightly shifts spool. adding extra load to eng.
Hi,thanks for the feed back,Yes if i am moving forward and open the bucket right out it loads the motor up(bogs it down)my 10 cents is that it is a build up in hyd pressure?(relief valve?)but im waiting for another mechanic to check that for me

Bobcatdan

Hi,thanks for the feed back,Yes if i am moving forward and open the bucket right out it loads the motor up(bogs it down)my 10 cents is that it is a build up in hyd pressure?(relief valve?)but im waiting for another mechanic to check that for me
Did I read right you are in NZ? I don't know how dealer support works there, but here if a dealer is stumped, reps directly from Bobcat will come out and get engineering involved to solve a problem. As for the aux causing problems, I don't know. First of all, a sticking aux would make the lift and tilt act funny. Also a dealer tech who knows anything, if he suspected that, would connect a jumper hose on the aux couplers to create a free flowing loop to relieve the problem. Put a jumper hose on and it works perfect, the aux is the problem. No change and its not.

OP
OP
D

DKR

Did I read right you are in NZ? I don't know how dealer support works there, but here if a dealer is stumped, reps directly from Bobcat will come out and get engineering involved to solve a problem. As for the aux causing problems, I don't know. First of all, a sticking aux would make the lift and tilt act funny. Also a dealer tech who knows anything, if he suspected that, would connect a jumper hose on the aux couplers to create a free flowing loop to relieve the problem. Put a jumper hose on and it works perfect, the aux is the problem. No change and its not.
Hi,yes im in NZ,and yes i here ya!but the dealer here (after 2 weeks in there workshop and 3 mechanics later)told me they don't no whats causing the problem)and they have spoken to bobcat in America and came back and told me there is nothing more they can do for me!!!,so i have another guy coming to check pressures for me next week hopfully,thanks very much for the feedback as i need as much information as i can get

OP
OP
D

DKR

Hi,yes im in NZ,and yes i here ya!but the dealer here (after 2 weeks in there workshop and 3 mechanics later)told me they don't no whats causing the problem)and they have spoken to bobcat in America and came back and told me there is nothing more they can do for me!!!,so i have another guy coming to check pressures for me next week hopfully,thanks very much for the feedback as i need as much information as i can get
Ok quick update had another bobcat machanic out fromantic anot her branch of bobcat dealer and he put a laptop on it and checked charge pressure and it is within spec,he done a update on it and is now thinking he is going to put a gauge on hydrostatic pump at the shop and check that out ?so I. Going to drop it In there next week so he can test it (bcd any other ideas?)

Bobcatdan

Ok quick update had another bobcat machanic out fromantic anot her branch of bobcat dealer and he put a laptop on it and checked charge pressure and it is within spec,he done a update on it and is now thinking he is going to put a gauge on hydrostatic pump at the shop and check that out ?so I. Going to drop it In there next week so he can test it (bcd any other ideas?)
Loading the parts canon here. Swap the brake vavle. Might be slightly screwed up and not fully releasing the brake.

OP
OP
D

DKR

Loading the parts canon here. Swap the brake vavle. Might be slightly screwed up and not fully releasing the brake.
Ok, the thing is it only bogs the motor down on the last 1'' of travel of the sticks when going forward or backwards (so if I let the sticks back to 3/4 travel it does not bog). To me it feels like it is over pressurizing somewhere? (like a pressure relief valve has come out of adjustment). Is this a possibility in your opinion? How many pressure relief valves are there? All other functions work fine, moves forward, back, up, down, open, shut, turns, just bogs down when sticks are full forward or reverse up hill. Really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

farmshop

Ok, the thing is it only bogs the motor down on the last 1'' of travel of the sticks when going forward or backwards (so if I let the sticks back to 3/4 travel it does not bog). To me it feels like it is over pressurizing somewhere? (like a pressure relief valve has come out of adjustment). Is this a possibility in your opinion? How many pressure relief valves are there? All other functions work fine, moves forward, back, up, down, open, shut, turns, just bogs down when sticks are full forward or reverse up hill. Really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Did the linkages get messed up or something we had a New bobcat once that came with the linkages set wrong it would go faster in reverse than forwards is how we ultimately figured it out

7LBSSMALLIE

Did the linkages get messed up or something we had a New bobcat once that came with the linkages set wrong it would go faster in reverse than forwards is how we ultimately figured it out
pwr loss under load? back up . what is code history. anymore its the first thing to look at. a world of troubleshoot in a 5 minute download. or chase youre tail? spend a bunch of money cause jimmy joe blow said whatever. seriously this is the first step in troubleshooting. doesn't always work. but 6 outta 10, codes tell the tale. or a least point in right direction. yea I resisted too still like a phone with a rotary dial. but that's not the plate we have been served. SO YEA WHAT IM SAYININIG IS TAKE TO DEALER AND DOWN LOAD CODES.

OP
OP
D

DKR

No linkages all checked,i no exactly what you mean because one of the mechanics tried adjusting them and that's is exactly what happened,i wish it was that easy,thanks

OP
OP
D

DKR

No linkages all checked,i no exactly what you mean because one of the mechanics tried adjusting them and that's is exactly what happened,i wish it was that easy,thanks
Had dealers mechanic here yesterday with laptop and no fault codes,thanks

Bobcatdan

Bobcatdan,any thoughts,info on my post 2/12 5.00pm?thanks
I'd like to think I could solve this if I had the machine in front of me, but all I can do is think and guess with what info I have. The hydro is a variable pump as to how many gpm it will produce at any given position of the stick. That is how you control speed, flow, not pressure. At max stroke it may produce a click more pressure, but pressure is relative to load. Just crushing a long, it doesn't take a lot of pressure to move the unit as in pushing into a pile. I have never measured motor bypass so I don't what is acceptable. The motors have engineered leakage to provide cooling. That oil goes back threw the case drain filters to sump. Has anybody ever checked the case drain filters? Going out on a limb here. At full stroke, there is noticeable leakage at the motors. Oil can't flow threw the case drains fast enough creating excessive back pressure that is loading up the drive system pulling the system down. At this point, ideas like this are the best I can do.

Bobcatdan

I'd like to think I could solve this if I had the machine in front of me, but all I can do is think and guess with what info I have. The hydro is a variable pump as to how many gpm it will produce at any given position of the stick. That is how you control speed, flow, not pressure. At max stroke it may produce a click more pressure, but pressure is relative to load. Just crushing a long, it doesn't take a lot of pressure to move the unit as in pushing into a pile. I have never measured motor bypass so I don't what is acceptable. The motors have engineered leakage to provide cooling. That oil goes back threw the case drain filters to sump. Has anybody ever checked the case drain filters? Going out on a limb here. At full stroke, there is noticeable leakage at the motors. Oil can't flow threw the case drains fast enough creating excessive back pressure that is loading up the drive system pulling the system down. At this point, ideas like this are the best I can do.
Also outside of basic stuff, there isn't much for engine codes. The engine isn't computer controlled so outside of rpm, oil pressure and engine temp, the controller doesn't know jack shit what the engine is doing.

OP
OP
D

DKR

Mate i would love you to solve it too,as i can not find anyone that can!!!(and it is doing my head in)yes case drain filters have been checked twice and are clean,the mechanic is coming back out on Wednesday with some shims to try and adjust relief valve so i will just have to wait and see how that goes?

OP
OP
D

DKR

Mate i would love you to solve it too,as i can not find anyone that can!!!(and it is doing my head in)yes case drain filters have been checked twice and are clean,the mechanic is coming back out on Wednesday with some shims to try and adjust relief valve so i will just have to wait and see how that goes?
just checked both case drain filters again and they are absolutely mint,so i cleaned them just to make sure and nothing came out,so i just tried it without them in to make sure they were not restricting flow and no change so that rules them out

Bobcatdan

just checked both case drain filters again and they are absolutely mint,so i cleaned them just to make sure and nothing came out,so i just tried it without them in to make sure they were not restricting flow and no change so that rules them out
I'd like to see how much oil is going threw them. Put the machine on blocks. Disconnect the case drains and add a length of hose to run it into a bucket. Run the machine in the air and watch oil flow. It should only be a small steady stream with no real pressure. If its really pumping oil then I would say drive motor faults.

OP
OP
D

DKR

I'd like to see how much oil is going threw them. Put the machine on blocks. Disconnect the case drains and add a length of hose to run it into a bucket. Run the machine in the air and watch oil flow. It should only be a small steady stream with no real pressure. If its really pumping oil then I would say drive motor faults.
ok,can i do one side at a time?