Snow Removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ThomasM

Hi, I have a '93 743B with 16.5x10 tires that are at about 20%. It also has a 60" bucket that came on it. My question is, how well do these things do for snow removal on a 150' gravel (flat) driveway? Would be using it for snows 5"-20" at a time. Would replacing the tires help alot or not? Thanks in advance.

bobcat_ron

20% remaining? I'd say keep them, and stud them like there's no tomorrow. Buy a second set complete with rims for playing in the dirt. Pushing snow is all about keeping all 4 tires planted on the ground, I've seen a lot of local yahoos pushing with the front tires off thinking they are getting the most weight on the cutting edge-WRONG. Keep all the tires on the surface and push, you'll do fine.

OP
OP
T

ThomasM

20% remaining? I'd say keep them, and stud them like there's no tomorrow. Buy a second set complete with rims for playing in the dirt. Pushing snow is all about keeping all 4 tires planted on the ground, I've seen a lot of local yahoos pushing with the front tires off thinking they are getting the most weight on the cutting edge-WRONG. Keep all the tires on the surface and push, you'll do fine.
Yes, 20% remaining on the tires. If I do not stud the tires, how well will it push and pile the snow? I also have some sloped areas on grass that need to be plowed. Thanks.

skidsteer.ca

Yes, 20% remaining on the tires. If I do not stud the tires, how well will it push and pile the snow? I also have some sloped areas on grass that need to be plowed. Thanks.
I think you will be happy, they are 4wd after all.
I run tires chains on the rear to aid traction and push a 9' blade with easy on a 773 or ls160.
The biggest reason I run chains is my driveway is crowned in the center and ditched on each side and I was having some trouble with the machine sliding sideways towards the ditch and the tires on the low side having too little traction to point me but up towards the top. Now I have no problem turning even with the blade full of snow
Ken