S250 fuel pickup

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat1505

pick up is between hst pump and motor can be gotten to by removeing access panel behind rt rear wheel. if it is plugged your primer bulb will collapse. if it is not the pick up is not your problem.

OP
OP
M

mrv8outboard

pick up is between hst pump and motor can be gotten to by removeing access panel behind rt rear wheel. if it is plugged your primer bulb will collapse. if it is not the pick up is not your problem.
i agree if the bulb was flat but it is so cold here i could not even collapse it by hand. i pulled it off and could not pull fuel out of the line. being an outboard technician i see that a lot though. now to go lay in the snow and fix it. thank you for the info.

OldMachinist

i agree if the bulb was flat but it is so cold here i could not even collapse it by hand. i pulled it off and could not pull fuel out of the line. being an outboard technician i see that a lot though. now to go lay in the snow and fix it. thank you for the info.
You said bits cold there it could be that the fuel has gelled. If the fuel is not winter blend or isn't treated with additive it will gel and until you warm it up it won't flow.

bobcat1505

You said bits cold there it could be that the fuel has gelled. If the fuel is not winter blend or isn't treated with additive it will gel and until you warm it up it won't flow.
if its that cold run a secondary fuel tank like a gal antifreeze jug with fuel and hook to your pick up line should run you long enough to load or get inside.

OP
OP
M

mrv8outboard

if its that cold run a secondary fuel tank like a gal antifreeze jug with fuel and hook to your pick up line should run you long enough to load or get inside.
ok, so i removed the right rear tire and access plate. then i pulled the pickup out of the tank. removed it from the hose, leaving the hose in place. the pick up was clear so i tried to gently blow through the line to no avail. so not knowing if there is a check valve or something in the line between the pickup and bulb. so i pulled the line out toward the tank with a snake attached. put the blow gun to it with 15 psi,no go. put 125 psi to it and something shot out the hose like a gun. the hose was plugged were it runs between the edge of the tank and the oil pan. right there it squishes just slightly and that is were it plugged. thank you

Latest posts