Bobcat S-250 fuel tank pickup line work around

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mocus250

Thought this might help someone with broken or pinched fuel line in the fuel tank. Someone else on this site had done this too I think. On my machine I could not reach the grommet where pickup tube enters tank. Some say you can grab it with a vice grips but that seemed sketchy as for as getting it re installed and getting the years of gunk built up around it into tank. So I removed filler tube. Found a short piece of pipe that the rubber fill hose would clamp to. Then welded a 1/4 " pipe thread 90 to short piece of pipe and threaded 5/16"barb fittings into each end of 90 and added fuel hose to end that goes down into the tank, the other end to fuel primer bulb using 5/16" fuel line instead of 1/4". I cut out a piece of filler tube hose to allow for short pipe length added. The 5//16 hose line clamped to smaller primer Bub nipples just fine . The fuel [ump appears to be set up for 5/16 line already. I also pugged up old fuel line. Engineers at bobcat thought 1/4" fuel line was adequate but it seems small for a 70 HP diesel. Small line increases flow rate and is easier to plug up or suck up stuff. 5/16 line is 20% larger diameter so in theory the speed of flow would be somewhat slower and maybe not plug up as easy? It would take about 10 minutes to remove this set up. I may add an in line filter in front of lift pump in future? There is obviously some restriction in filler tube but I fill using farm tank with filter on it, so shouldn't be and issue other than maybe having to fill tank more slowly.
IMG_0922.jpg

Latest posts