S185 Lift arms

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Loosenuts

Question on my skid...I have noticed the more I work the machine the lift arms seem sluggish, sometimes almost stop after about 4 to 5 feet of vertical lift. The tilt seems fine. When I start the machine cold everything is fine....this happens only after working it lifting some pretty heavy wet clay. I also noticed the drive seems to become alot noisier after a while also. I am running the machine at full throttle and all fluids are topped off and hydraulic main filter has about 20 hours on it. Any ideas ???? Thanks, Tim

Bobcatdan

What kind of controls, std, ACS or SJC? I would check pump gpm output, but I'm not jumping to it needed a pump. Does the machine sound like it is laboring? I would check the drive belt tension for grins and giggles too.

OP
OP
L

Loosenuts

What kind of controls, std, ACS or SJC? I would check pump gpm output, but I'm not jumping to it needed a pump. Does the machine sound like it is laboring? I would check the drive belt tension for grins and giggles too.
It has standard controls. It's kinda wierd because the tilt seems fine. I will check the belt tension for sure. Are there any other filters that could cause this?

AllSkidsteers

The belt is tight.
If your machine has the foot operated controls, I would check the linkage for wear and make sure that you are getting full throw when your moving the pedal back and forth. Also, there are rubber torsion bushings that go on the pedal, which wear out quite often. Hope this helps. Brent www.Allskidsteers.com