S185 Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nvrsmmr

Symptoms: total shutdown while operating. Unit comes to a complete halt. The lights on the BICS system all turn off except for the Lap Bar light. Power cycle machine and it'll fire back up and let me run for a couple minutes.

Getting the following codes:

47-22 8 volt reference out of range low
11-06 seat bar sensor short to ground
12-22 front auxiliary PWM switch out of range low

I've traced all the wires from the seat bar sensor and can't find any issues. Been reading online about it for the last couple weeks and can't come up with other ideas. Any ideas in here?
20240510_121448.jpg

brdgbldr

Whenever I see multiple codes like this I think electrical short. This could be anywhere in the electrical causing false codes.

I would start with checking and cleaning all fuses and fuse connections, relays, battery terminals and grounding points. Look for any rub throughs and or loose connections on the harnesses. You can also clean and make sure that all of the harness connections are clean and dry.

Also, if a wire is only holding on by one strand. It will show continuity but can't pull a load. Not east to find.

I absolutely hate electrical problems. Take your time and be thorough.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

OP
OP
N

nvrsmmr

I've been through this whole machine twice now. Cleaned up every ground, replaced a couple of questionable wire connectors, but nothing terrible. At this point, I am confident that all the grounds are properly grounded.

I disconnect the battery and let it sit for a short while to clear any memory. When I kick the machine on, it will run for about 2 minutes before throwing that 47-22 (8 volt reference out of range low) code.

I'd love to get this thing running, but I'm not real sure what to try next. I'd appreciate any further input if anybody has any.

laurencen

put a voltmeter on the battery, look at voltage and start it, could be the alternator is pushing too much volts, should be around 14 when running