Pivot spacing between Bobtach to lift arms

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Acreage T250

All, I'm looking at replacing the lower Bobtach pivot pins as well as the weld on pin boss located on the bottom of the lift arms on my T250.

I did have an issue removing the Bobtach as it never dropped because the old bushings moved outwards and wore a circular groove into the pin boss. I used 7-1/2" cut off wheel and blew through 2 hack saw blades to cut the hardened metal bushing.

I removed the lower bushings from the Bobtach, then measured the width of the new bushing and the seal stack on the bench and it looks like there is not enough depth once installed in the Bobtach and looks like a part of the new seal will be protruding. There were no lower seals in the Bobtach when I removed it and the weld bosses have been replaced before but never aligned correctly creating rapid ware on the rod end of the lift cylinders.

I'm thinking of machining some spacer/shims to protect the new seal part that protrudes, but the part of the seal that protrudes will probably just get damaged.

My main question for the experts here is what is the side to side spacing between the lower Bobtach pivot and the lower boom pin boss?

I plan to snug the bolt & pin into the weld on boss , attach the Bobtach then equally align everything on the lift arms, with new replacement tilt cylinders test fitted to ensure things won't bind, then tack and weld.

Attachments

• IMG_8281.JPG
    IMG_8281.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts