S185 Intermittent Dash Lights

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hawkins

I recently picked up a 05 S185 with 4800 hours. I have only been able to put about 30 hours on it so far, but noticed the gauge lights come on and stay on or off until the key is cycled again. Also the lights are sporadic as to what lights come on. Sometimes all lights will come on or stay off, other times only the seat bar light, and other times, there could be 3 or 4 lights come on. There seems to be no pattern that I can find yet. I initially thought it was just a grounding issue when all lights come on or off, but now that it is sometimes only 3 lights and other is is 5 lights has me thinking in a different direction. Is there any advice on what I can check before I start spending money on new parts? TIA

flyerdan

It sounds like there is intermittent problems in the wiring, probably due to corroded connectors. A time consuming, but inexpensive attack is to separate all the connectors, spray with contact cleaner and use some of that dielectric grease when reconnecting them.
Did it perchance come from a flood zone where it might have spent a few days submerged? That often brings on these types of electrical gremlins.