S185 Bobcat Hydrostatic warning 10 seconds and dead

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

twinturbo007

Hi, I have a 2006 Bobcat S185 (serial number 530314107) that has been pretty reliable for the last 63 hours but started making a few squealing noises from the left hand side front area around 10 hours ago. I checked all fluids and filters are way to new to be a problem as we only replaced when we bought it from the bobcat dealer(or rather they replaced and serviced)..The bobcat is just used for a hobby farm type setup and not used hard daily, so its had a very easy 63 hours since I have owned it. The previous 3600 hours may be a different scenario of course, but I did buy it direct from a bobcat dealer interstate so hopefully its in reasonable condition. I now have a situation where the machine did an hours work this morning and then the 3 beep warning for the hydrostatic came up and the light turned on and then minutes later as as tried to crawl back to a service spot, the machine did the 10 second long beep and shut off. Now when I start, the machine gives a 10 second beep and the hydrostatic light remains on and no back forth, up down etc durign that time. I need a manual urgently and some advise on what to look for, it may just be a block in the hydaulics possibly as I have lifted the cab off and there are no obvious leaks and everything looks pretty clean...well for a bobcat anyway.. Can anyone email me a service manual to [email protected] and if anyone has any suggestions on what to check, this would be much appreciated for sure. We are in a very rural spot and getting bobcat expertise is 300kms away which is a real bugger so this website is incredibly valuable if anyone can assist with suggestions. Any replies are welcome on here of course and direct to my email at [email protected] To the owners of this website, Thanks for having such a great site available as it is just a great resource for those of us that are miles from any service companies. cheers Brenton North Eastern Victoria Australia

OP
OP
T

twinturbo007

PS...I am pretty sure the light is for Hydrostatic charge pressure from memory, this may help anyone trying to assist us..

OP
OP
T

twinturbo007

PSS My beautiful woman in my life just asked an interesting question, and I didnt really have an answer, Question is, how do you get the bobcat on the trailer to take to the dealer if the 10 second warning then kills the motor operation does not allow you to even move the machine. She said, they look kinda heavy??? OK, so I am not sure what we do to get a the bobcat to move when its in this state, I am hoping there is an override for the cutout system so I can get it on the trailer and then to a fix it chappy. Really desperate for help on this one now.. cheers Brenton

7LBSSMALLIE

PSS My beautiful woman in my life just asked an interesting question, and I didnt really have an answer, Question is, how do you get the bobcat on the trailer to take to the dealer if the 10 second warning then kills the motor operation does not allow you to even move the machine. She said, they look kinda heavy??? OK, so I am not sure what we do to get a the bobcat to move when its in this state, I am hoping there is an override for the cutout system so I can get it on the trailer and then to a fix it chappy. Really desperate for help on this one now.. cheers Brenton
CLARIFACTION. bobcat shut down. off the cuff. shutdown sys willl code out, (hr meter givingf code listed in ops man by right elbow) will allow 30 second run time to load on trailer, when it beeps its angry pay attention . in most cases, its a bad sender, DONT FREAK OUT. , some things you can do yorself is identify code,(usally drive belt tension) not listed as a code but the number issue, yea we know yo got youre life savinings in this, so now ia not the time to freakout,, we are in this together, we do good you tell youre freinds we do you wrong you tell yore freinds,. so let us and youre local dealer resolve issues, yea ou just bought it as is, thathts the facts, doesnt mean we cant make it right, iregardlass of local dealer the bobcat communitriy. will get us thru this. we beleive in the product and the support, KEEP POSING. dude we got youre back, check BCD or old m, we really do care.also of note that we do this in our spare time this is in no way officail ,just tryining to help a brother out.KEEP THAT IN MIND PLEASE.

Tazza

Staff member
CLARIFACTION. bobcat shut down. off the cuff. shutdown sys willl code out, (hr meter givingf code listed in ops man by right elbow) will allow 30 second run time to load on trailer, when it beeps its angry pay attention . in most cases, its a bad sender, DONT FREAK OUT. , some things you can do yorself is identify code,(usally drive belt tension) not listed as a code but the number issue, yea we know yo got youre life savinings in this, so now ia not the time to freakout,, we are in this together, we do good you tell youre freinds we do you wrong you tell yore freinds,. so let us and youre local dealer resolve issues, yea ou just bought it as is, thathts the facts, doesnt mean we cant make it right, iregardlass of local dealer the bobcat communitriy. will get us thru this. we beleive in the product and the support, KEEP POSING. dude we got youre back, check BCD or old m, we really do care.also of note that we do this in our spare time this is in no way officail ,just tryining to help a brother out.KEEP THAT IN MIND PLEASE.
You mention a squeal, check your main drive belt, if its slipping or borken, you will get the warning and it will shut down without any movement or hydraulic functions.
It could even be a bad sender.
Even with only 10 seconds, you can move the machine far enough to get it on a trailer, even if you need to do it a few times. That is if the wheels will move, some times you can press the traction lock overide button to allow you to do just that.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo007

You mention a squeal, check your main drive belt, if its slipping or borken, you will get the warning and it will shut down without any movement or hydraulic functions.
It could even be a bad sender.
Even with only 10 seconds, you can move the machine far enough to get it on a trailer, even if you need to do it a few times. That is if the wheels will move, some times you can press the traction lock overide button to allow you to do just that.
Success!!!!!!!!!!!! Due to Klaus sending me the manual, I was able to have a great read up on all the possibilities, and Tazza, you were right too, it was the main drive belt with an idler pully that was giving the trouble. I need to order a new pulley but I have been able to get it up and running without having to try to find repairer locally which was not going to be easy where we are. I want to thank all of you who took the time to resond, adn especially Klaus for the manual, your a legend. cheers Brenton VK5BM Tangambalanga Victoria Australia

Tazza

Staff member
Success!!!!!!!!!!!! Due to Klaus sending me the manual, I was able to have a great read up on all the possibilities, and Tazza, you were right too, it was the main drive belt with an idler pully that was giving the trouble. I need to order a new pulley but I have been able to get it up and running without having to try to find repairer locally which was not going to be easy where we are. I want to thank all of you who took the time to resond, adn especially Klaus for the manual, your a legend. cheers Brenton VK5BM Tangambalanga Victoria Australia
Ah ha! another fellow Aussie.
Good to hear it was an easy fix. Sadly a new tensioner is not cheap over here....

7LBSSMALLIE

Ah ha! another fellow Aussie.
Good to hear it was an easy fix. Sadly a new tensioner is not cheap over here....
not cheap here either, looked into rebuild, not viable, if its just a pointer, i blow it off put new belt on stall to stretch, readjust and go on,

Tazza

Staff member
not cheap here either, looked into rebuild, not viable, if its just a pointer, i blow it off put new belt on stall to stretch, readjust and go on,
That's what i did. New bearing was about $15. I have a lathe so i could remove the ridges on the part that touches the belt.
Cheap and still working.

Latest posts