Bobcat Tire 10-16.5

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tom in Mo.

Sorry if this has been covered. Interested in replacing the tires with solid tires such as McLaren. I know they cost double but are they worth it? Good or Bad? All comments welcome.

foton

first I do not own them,this is just what I have read. They ride hard, they do have some interesting tread patterns ,they do lower your center of gravity for added stability,and they should not be used with OTT,a friend of mine bobcat s- 185 he is replacing chain case gears ,chains sprockets axle.because he ran his OTT to tight and got a rock between the air filled tires and tracks and broke a bunch of things. including his wallet priced at bobcat at 10.2k so.

mrbb

they have pro's and con's like any tire, it mostly comes down to what and where the machine is used as to justify solid tires or not
and there are many designs of run flat tires, from foam filled, to solid rubber, or flexible rubber tires
they all have there place in use, op, it again comes down to where you run your machine the most , to maybe justify or not there added costs!

Tlawdogg

Like mrbb said. Really depends on how & where you are using the machine. My 863 came with a set of Solids. I use it on a working ranch, muddy, sandy in areas. To me it had NO grip. They slid all over, almost stuck bad a few times. I changed to regular tires and it works great for our need. If my machine was at different construction sites, street/ highway the solids would have worked . But just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
T

Tom in Mo.

Sorry if this has been covered. Interested in replacing the tires with solid tires such as McLaren. I know they cost double but are they worth it? Good or Bad? All comments welcome.
This machine is retired to use around the farm. Rock driveway, sometimes in the creek and dirt work.

mrbb

This machine is retired to use around the farm. Rock driveway, sometimes in the creek and dirt work.
if this is all you use machine for, then I highly doubt the benefits of a solid tire will do you any good, and NOT be worth the added costs
there biggest claim to fame IMO is there NO flat, and good for working in area's with lots of hazards to the tire
a GOOD basic tire is all you need!, Id stay away from the cheap stuff and just buy ONE good set of regular air tires and they should last you a LONG time with low hours per yr use!

Latest posts