Replacing fluid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bcover

I have a 1980's OMC MUSTANG 442 that I had to pull the axles and replace the seals. The manual says to ust type F ATF fluid but I can not find that sold in anything other than quarts and I need 21 gallons. Can I use universal hydraulic fluid (which I can get in 5 gallon buckets from TSC) instead...or can someone suggest where I can get the ATF fluid in bulk in the York,PA area.

Land-Tech

If your chain cases double as you hydraulic tanks , just replace with hydraulic fluid.
OMC made the jd-24 and the chain cases doubled as tanks and with the amount you need ,i'm sure this is the case. Scott

OP
OP
B

bcover

If your chain cases double as you hydraulic tanks , just replace with hydraulic fluid.
OMC made the jd-24 and the chain cases doubled as tanks and with the amount you need ,i'm sure this is the case. Scott
I was going to do that and someone told me to stay with ATF because of the age of the machine and switching now would just cause problems later on.

skidsteer.ca

I was going to do that and someone told me to stay with ATF because of the age of the machine and switching now would just cause problems later on.
I though Shell Oils had type F in pails, sure others must too
Ken