Mustang 345 hydraulic fluids ???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hidefman

Hi there I just picked up a old mustang 345 skid steer and am in process of rebuilding the rams because the seals are shot in them.. so after inspecting the Hydraulic fluids in it ( for the rams and the drive motors on it) . they should really be changed.. I've searched the net and called my local gehl dealer but of course they didn't have a answer for me.. So I'm here looking for a bit of help .. anyone on here have any idea on what fluids should go in the hydraulic rams tank and in the tanks for the drive motors on both sides??? Thanks in advance

OP
OP
H

Hidefman

Alright I found out what fluids to use in the hydraulics... now I have another question regarding the filters for the hydraulic part on it.. so as I'm researching on the owners manual I found online for it .. it says to use a 10 micron and a 3 micron hydraulic filters .. now when I bought this from the previous owner he said he had just put new filters on.. and as I'm looking at them I see they have the same part numbers.. I've noticed that when I'm running the skid steer it's jerky and bogs down when I'm trying to load the bucket.. if that makes sense at all.. My question to all of you is that if he put the wrong filters on it it's hydraulic system, could that cause the machine to operate crappy ? If it states one size filter on incoming side and another on the outgoing side of it ??? Thanks in advance for your help

foton

Alright I found out what fluids to use in the hydraulics... now I have another question regarding the filters for the hydraulic part on it.. so as I'm researching on the owners manual I found online for it .. it says to use a 10 micron and a 3 micron hydraulic filters .. now when I bought this from the previous owner he said he had just put new filters on.. and as I'm looking at them I see they have the same part numbers.. I've noticed that when I'm running the skid steer it's jerky and bogs down when I'm trying to load the bucket.. if that makes sense at all.. My question to all of you is that if he put the wrong filters on it it's hydraulic system, could that cause the machine to operate crappy ? If it states one size filter on incoming side and another on the outgoing side of it ??? Thanks in advance for your help
never heard of a 3 micron that is some kinda small . like causing a restriction kinda small. might what to double check that number. I could be very wrong here.

14Tomcat

never heard of a 3 micron that is some kinda small . like causing a restriction kinda small. might what to double check that number. I could be very wrong here.
I have an issue with a recently purchased used 345. When the engine rpm is increased to operating speed (3000rpm) the hydraulics are extremely fast. It is dangerous Is there a way to turn the flow rate or pressure down? If I reduce the engine rpm, I don't have enough power to move anything without stalling the engine.